.::-[•  Hell Marys Fan WebSite  •]-::.

NineSages Community

The Only and Largest Online Forum for Many Games

Suggestion: give Shift II a mild adjustment

Write down all your suggestions, & ideas you have either for this forum or for the game.

Moderator: Intendants

Suggestion: give Shift II a mild adjustment

Postby SwampCrawler » Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:56 pm

If you have an earth shift card, then Shift I will change earth cards to water cards. Which is nice because your earth shift card will then do critical damage instead of regular damage to those shifted cards.

However with Shift II , the way it works now, earth cards will shift to fire cards. Your shift card's damage won't improve at all, it will keep doing regular damage... Of course you could still make a deck to benefit from the shift with other element cards, but the complexity is a bit over the top for that and I'm guessing most people won't bother.

The mild change I'm suggesting for Shift II is that for an earth shift card, instead of shifting earth cards to fire cards, will shift death cards to water cards. So the shift happens "around" the earth shift card. (Death -> Earth -> Water)

This alteration actually gives an improved benefit over the regular shift, because now the card will deal critical damage to cards it used to do reduced damage to. And this type of shift is easier to use in a deck without complex setups with a lot of various elements.

I don't think it's overpowered either compared to strong healing, damage over time and rewind cards. It will be a proper support card.
OfflineSwampCrawler
Trainee
Trainee

Player Name: SwampCrawler

Re: Suggestion: give Shift II a mild adjustment

Postby chophack » Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:14 pm

Interesting ideas swampcrawler

Shift is well behind the other skills in utility. Most folks eat the right off. Some shun allies with shift as face card.

Im holding my shifters just in case they become more relevant.

Vr/chop
Offlinechophack
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Hellfire Club

Location: 93 million miles from Sun, Perseus arm, milky way galaxy
Player Name: chophack

Postby SwampCrawler » Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:37 pm

Shifting is bugged too in this game right now btw. Sometimes shift effects stay active for the next mobs spawned (in the same location spot) in the current battle or even for stay completely for the all the next battles do you until you exit the game.
OfflineSwampCrawler
Trainee
Trainee

Player Name: SwampCrawler

Postby u06ec322 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:00 pm

Nice ideas there. Currently, shift cards are nothing but food for me. I am so pissed that I get so many SR cards with shift but not a single one with Rewind.
I want legendary BUNCLES :)
Offlineu06ec322
Apprentice
Apprentice
No Luck Brotherhood

Player Name: u06ec322

Postby tcalvin42 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:16 am

Sorry to bring back an old post but I've been wanting to make the same suggestion for awhile now. It would completely change how we build our decks if S4 shifters were actually usable like this. I'd love it.

How can we get this to happen?
Offlinetcalvin42
Summoner
Summoner
No Luck Brotherhood
HellMarys Player

Player Name: tcalvin42

Postby crisrullz » Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:39 pm

Shift still have uses like changing the boss on dungeons or changing the seals in raids if they don't match elites. of course they could be even more usefull and i''ve read tons of ideas about them and it's really sad that HF seems to have given up on them.
They had answered a post in fb i remember saying "people hated shifters so much, that we stopped making them" ...
Main IGN : Crisrullz
Alts IGN : Garpjiji+ Maverickvzla

" les dungeons, c'est des belles merdes ! "
Offlinecrisrullz
Battle Summoner
Battle Summoner
Hellfire Club
No Luck Brotherhood

Player Name: crisrullz

Postby tcalvin42 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:19 am

You're right, it is sad. What's disappointing is that I saw a FB post from around May and no one gave it any consideration. So they know it can be better and they just don't care to implement. I sent a message to the FB moderator asking if there is any chance for a change or if we're just beating a dead horse.
Offlinetcalvin42
Summoner
Summoner
No Luck Brotherhood
HellMarys Player

Player Name: tcalvin42