.::-[•  Hell Marys Fan WebSite  •]-::.

NineSages Community

The Only and Largest Online Forum for Many Games

Shadow Era

Share here the applications or the games you like, on mobiles or not... and also websites.

Moderator: Intendants

Shadow Era

Postby codyd8637 » Wed May 15, 2013 10:38 pm

I'm assuming since you are all Hellfire fans that you are in general TCG fans. If so, I highly reccoment Shadow Era https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... wera&hl=en

Like Hellfire there is no actual trading available. You have the option to pay for booster packs but honestly they are not required. You can definitely expedite the process of honing and tuning your deck by directly purchasing booster packs, selling what you do not want to the in game market, and then using that to purchase the cards you do want. With a little more work and time you can easily acheive the same though without spending a dime.

There is PvP and you can actually view other games in progress in real time or replay.
Offlinecodyd8637
Apprentice
Apprentice

Player Name: codyd8637

Re: Shadow Era

Postby CubedCodeMonkey » Wed May 15, 2013 11:27 pm

Now this looks like one I might have to check out!

EDIT: Do you have any good beginners tips?
OfflineCubedCodeMonkey
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Hellfire Club

Player Name: CubedCodeMonkey

Postby cephied0 » Thu May 16, 2013 2:59 am

A few great starting guides:
http://www.shadowera.com/showthread.php ... ew-players

My favorite is the meltdown challenge, but that's a costly habit to maintain as a free player.
Offlinecephied0
Menestrel
Menestrel
Hellfire Club
Donator

Player Name: cephied0

Postby codyd8637 » Thu May 16, 2013 3:02 pm

CubedCodeMonkey wrote:Now this looks like one I might have to check out!

EDIT: Do you have any good beginners tips?

Suppress your urge to have four of every card lol. When I started my deck was somewhere between 70-80 cards and I couldn't figure out why I was constantly losing. Stick with 40-43 cards, the lower the better. The link provided above has tons of useful information.

Recently, the cards available were expanded by quite a bit. The play style I was accustomed to may or may not have changed. All heroes are fun to play but some are much more versatile than others. Eladwin and Maj are the two favorite heroes for PvP. A portal Maj deck is amazingly fun to play. The link will have info on that somewhere. Zal is a popular hero as well. My favorite was always Victor but playing a hunter is challenging as they do not have a good draw engine.

Keep a small deck with a reliable draw engine and you will win most of your matches. Use a card drawing system that only benefits you, stay away from the card Bazzar that lets both players draw an extra card each turn.

There are many promotions that will net you shadow crystals. I already had Netflix but I still used the promotion to get the free crystals and they helped a lot.

Buy the shadow elemental booster packs with crystals because they net the most profit when you sell them for in game currency. Then use that to purchase the cards you want from the vendor.
Offlinecodyd8637
Apprentice
Apprentice

Player Name: codyd8637

Postby CubedCodeMonkey » Thu May 16, 2013 6:28 pm

Hah, Bazaar was one of the first cards I removed from my starter deck! I used to play Magic in the past (15+ years ago, but I remembered a few things), so I was coming in with a working knowledge of board and card advantages. My general approach there was always that the only way I would ever intentionally give my opponent a card advantage was if I was working to mill their deck and flood them with cards so they'd have to discard. I'm not sure if that's a viable strategy in this game.

I have noticed a couple slight annoying bugs, but I'm thinking those are mostly because of the device I'm playing on. I've got this on my Razr Maxx HD (decent screen size), and it looks like I have a partial button on the lower left in the map screen, and the deck building screen is very inaccurate with the overlapping of the cards.

I've always been a fan of casters (and control decks), so I had to pick Eladwin to start. I looked at Maj, though, and I absolutely love the damage + card advantage concept, so I think I'll be aiming for that. The portal deck did sound quite enjoyable, too!

I bet there would be fewer display bugs on a larger screen size, but there's nothing that's bad enough to ruin the experience - so far, I'm enjoying it (but I've also only done the starter battle as of now).
OfflineCubedCodeMonkey
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Hellfire Club

Postby carnajo0909 » Thu May 16, 2013 7:54 pm

It's an awesome game, I can also recommend it, make sure you download "Dark Prophecies" though, it is the newer version.
Offlinecarnajo0909
Trainee
Trainee

Player Name: carnajo0909

Postby CubedCodeMonkey » Mon May 20, 2013 6:32 pm

Thanks for the recommendation here - I'm really enjoying this game! I wish crystals were a bit easier to come by, though, as I haven't found much in the way of worthwhile Tapjoy promotions. An additional hand full of wins, though, and I'll have enough to get the Shadow Mage starter and start working on a Maj deck!
OfflineCubedCodeMonkey
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Hellfire Club

Postby carnajo0909 » Mon May 20, 2013 6:56 pm

CubedCodeMonkey wrote:Thanks for the recommendation here - I'm really enjoying this game! I wish crystals were a bit easier to come by, though, as I haven't found much in the way of worthwhile Tapjoy promotions. An additional hand full of wins, though, and I'll have enough to get the Shadow Mage starter and start working on a Maj deck!

You can just buy individual cards you need from the merchant. Also unlike Hellfire buying crystals is worthwhile in terms of hwat you get, you buy some elemental decks, sell them for gold, and then buy specific cards you want or need, no spending $20 for a few summons to get a handful of rare cards.
Offlinecarnajo0909
Trainee
Trainee

Postby CubedCodeMonkey » Mon May 20, 2013 7:16 pm

Yeah, I bought a couple of individual cards, but I'm close enough to 100 crystals through level, I'll get much more bang for my buck if I just wait it out and farm the last 6 or 7ish fights. I'll probably stay away from using real money in general, though, and just see how I do spending $0.
OfflineCubedCodeMonkey
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Hellfire Club

Postby carnajo0909 » Mon May 20, 2013 11:15 pm

CubedCodeMonkey wrote:Yeah, I bought a couple of individual cards, but I'm close enough to 100 crystals through level, I'll get much more bang for my buck if I just wait it out and farm the last 6 or 7ish fights. I'll probably stay away from using real money in general, though, and just see how I do spending $0.

Cool, as a general rule I spend as much as I think the game is "worth" to support the developers, as if I were buying it.I found I got a a lot of bang or my bucks in Shadow Era vs say Hellfire.
Offlinecarnajo0909
Trainee
Trainee

Postby CubedCodeMonkey » Mon May 20, 2013 11:19 pm

Quite a fair point, and I'd agree with that mindset! I always like doing as much as I can for free before I consider spending money, as free is always the best price! :)
OfflineCubedCodeMonkey
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Hellfire Club

Postby marvinbolotaolo » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:19 am

hi guys. fairly new player here in hellfire. played 2 weeks and yeah i love the game already!
unto the topic, a little bit of a veteran in shadow era. started playing se early december 2012 although i did play it earlier but didn't got too serious with it. the first android game i got addicted to as the game resembles some of mtg's gameplay, a famous card game and the reason why i love turn based games. i belong to the warriors of the blue phoenix guild there , it's a good, friendly and competitive brotherhood there and you will surely learn a lot from us there. be sure to hop on to shadow era and try it on your android and ios phones and web browsers and clients as well.

btw guys, im at level 60+ in hellfire. my username is marvinbolotaolo
happy to be part of this community. kudos.
ign: marvinbolotaolo
favorite creature: Evangeline
Offlinemarvinbolotaolo
Trainee
Trainee

Player Name: marvinbolotaolo