.::-[•  Hell Marys Fan WebSite  •]-::.

NineSages Community

The Only and Largest Online Forum for Many Games

Guild splitting?

Moderator: Intendants

Guild splitting?

Postby Torn » Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:06 pm

So, the situation is like that – most of us, who started recently, have trouble reaching gear 7, because the gear needed is either level-locked until player level 60-65 or is needed in huge quantities(20+ per character) but drops only one/two piece per day from the one mission we have access to with it.
It so happens, that most of the gear we need, is also available in Tier 3 Rancor gear boxes, but veterans in the current guild need gear from tier 5+ instead.
DEB proposed a solution, in which those of us who need tier 3 gear, leave the guild for a couple of weeks and start a second one, where we will run Tier 3 Rancor raid, gear up and the return to original ninesages guild.
Personally, I'm not sure it's a good idea, but it seems reasonable solution on the surface, anyway, question is, what people think about it and who wants to do it(below certain number the idea will not work, as the ticket generation will be too low to run raids in reasonable time)?

On my own, if enough people will decide to start this kindergarten sub-guild, I will join.
chat wrote:Torn: that's 400*500 = 200 000 moba for Devourer... Think I will pass :P
Creation: Are you a serious player or what Torn? Buck up buddy! What's it gonna be? A house? Or a Devourer?
OfflineTorn
Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes Player
Hellfire Club
Webmaster
Intendant
HellMarys Player

Player Name: *Torn*

Re: Guild splitting?

Postby DeltaEcoBravo » Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:32 pm

My suggestion was this: other guilds have sub-guilds, recruitment guilds, etc. My experience in Blood Brothers 2 was like that, I started on a lower guild, and as I leveled up and climbed the leaderboards, the guild admins told me to move to a higher tier guild, and then another, and so on. We had to do something similar in Deckstorm, create a second 9S guild as the first filled up. Of course, not enough of us here are playing SWGoH to make it necessary to have several different guilds to make room for all of us.

But we have another problem, as explained by Torn: a lot of the gear the new players need for their characters is either inaccessible at our current level (be it because the missions are locked until you reach a certain level, or because the missions are hard enough that you get killed if you try playing them) or you need to grind over 100 of the same gear piece to cover your needs, and you can only grind a few of them a day. And it just so happens that good part of that gear is available in the box prices for Tier 3 Rancor Raids, and only Tier 3. If you check the price boxes for Tier 4 and Tier 5 raids, it’s simply not there. So we newbies need to play some Tier 3 raids or our progress will continue to stall, we need that gear and we can’t just grind for days on end just to fill a couple of gear slots in our characters. I’m already seeing a lot of players in my Arena shard with a lot of characters with “purple” gear while I’m stuck, unable to get that for mine, and I’m falling behind.

Since we don’t want to be a burden for the veterans what I was proposing was that we temporarily split the guild in two, all the newbies that need that gear and need to play that Tier 3 Raid would move to a “9S padawans” guild or something like it, while the veterans can keep doing their Tier 5 Raids. If we newbies focus all our ticket grinding on some Tier 3 raids, we could get the gear we need and then rejoin the main guild in a few weeks once we’re done, and really help the veterans with the Tier 5 raids, instead of just looking while they do all the work and we basically spit on the Rancor’s face and call him names, since that’s about as much as we can do at the moment.

Of course, that could only work if all of us move to the sub-guild to grind for tickets, and we leave it open for other lower level players to join, making it very clear in the guild description that we’re here to play Tier 3 raids, and only other lower level players interested in that should join; we don’t want lvl 80 players coming in to steal all the loot we need, so they’ll have to be kicked out if they join. But on the other hand, we’d need enough players to generate tickets fast enough, otherwise it’d take forever to start each raid.

That’s the idea in general terms, I don’t know what you guys think about it. Would you be up for it? Can you think of an alternative? We certainly need to play some T3 raids (and not just one, but several, considering the amount of gear we need) and we don't want to impose on the veterans, so...
Last edited by DeltaEcoBravo on Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OfflineDeltaEcoBravo
Intendant
Intendant
No Luck Brotherhood
HellMarys Player

Player Name: DeltaEcoBravo

Postby Ap0orv » Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:25 pm

I think this a reasonable solution, like DEB said most games with guilds have different tier guilds for different level players, it would only benefit us since our current guild is almost full and as we get better more and more new players would join, so making a sub-guild is the best bet. Also, Corwin said he'll launch tier 3 raid next, I personally don't think that will be a good idea for the guild as a whole because many(non-9s) veteran players of the guild might leave and even the 9-s veteran players may feel compelled to leave if they don't get the required gears from time to time. So a baby guild would be the best bet, it's not like we're going anywhere xD everyone started playing because of this community and that will stay that way. :) looking forward to more responses... :PDT_003:
OfflineAp0orv
Trainee
Trainee

Player Name: Ap0orv

Postby AppleMoose1984 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:28 pm

Splitting up the guild is certainly not a bad idea for a while. We could indeed make more use of the T3 raid rewards to gear up faster. On the other hand, most veterans will have plenty of useless T3 gear lying around to donate, so getting the lot to invest in us would also benefit the entire guild.
My point being that either choices might play out well, as long as we play our cards right.

Creating a baby guild would mean we consistenly have to produce max raid tickets on a daily basis for it to work. We also have to remind ourselves more of the 'guild' aspect, as we would all be tempted to go for individual glory to get our gears up. So guild donations might be less.
Staying in this guild on the other hand would require some sacrifice from high level players, which is what a guild should stand for as well. It would only take us quite a bit longer to achieve our goals.

Long story short, i see potential in either choice. But I will back up my low level fellows if it comes to it. So i would join this Padawan guild and have some more epic fun with you guys.
Looking forward to it either way!

AppleMoose
OfflineAppleMoose1984
HellMarys Player
HellMarys Player

Player Name: AppleMoose1984

Postby Torn » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:44 pm

So… I decided to give it a try – I really need that tier 3 gear and that's my best bet to get it, I think. ;)
chat wrote:Torn: that's 400*500 = 200 000 moba for Devourer... Think I will pass :P
Creation: Are you a serious player or what Torn? Buck up buddy! What's it gonna be? A house? Or a Devourer?
OfflineTorn
Hellfire Club
Webmaster
Intendant
HellMarys Player

Postby merak » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:57 pm

Torn wrote:So… I decided to give it a try – I really need that tier 3 gear and that's my best bet to get it, I think. ;)

I'll jump with ya. All the stuff in the larger guild is too high for me anyways.
Offlinemerak
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Hellfire Club
Webmaster

Player Name:  

Postby DeltaEcoBravo » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:51 pm

Still waiting on some of you to join us in the padawan guild, guys. What are you waiting for? ;)
OfflineDeltaEcoBravo
Intendant
Intendant
No Luck Brotherhood
HellMarys Player

Postby Torn » Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:25 pm

So… We already discussed it on guild chat, but it's a serious topic so a forum post is better suited to discuss the topic.
Seems to me, we are ready to head back to the main Ninesages guild – most of the characters I need are already gear 7, so further rancor tier 3 gear is not needed(obviously, it will *always* be needed, but it's much different when you have one char to gear and when you have to gear them all, because you are just starting ;) ).
On the other hand, in a couple player levels(@74+), my characters will be eligible for so called 'raid gear', that is, a gear that can only be obtained in rancor tier 6/7, guild shop, shard shop or through cash – as an example, mk5 furnaces – only available in T5,T6 and heroic Rancor raid boxes.
As it is, the best solution going forward is for us to disband the younglings and reunite with the main guild as this will benefit everybody best, so…
I propose we run one more Tier 3(the one we will have tickets to start today, after activity reset) and then disband – unless there is someone who still needs more tier 3 gear?
OfflineTorn
Hellfire Club
Webmaster
Intendant
HellMarys Player

Postby mout164 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:00 pm

I have no problem with going back to the old guild, but i think all of us have to be ready. If some of us need two more weeks or two more t3 raids I'm more than willling too wait and help.
Another criterium to disband can be to wait for everybody to at least be L70. Most of us are (nearly) there.
Offlinemout164
Apprentice
Apprentice
Hellfire Club
Donator
HellMarys Player

Player Name: mout164

Postby AppleMoose1984 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:51 pm

I'm ready to go back as well. I never found the T3 raids very rewarding, especially once you get to the higher level challenges, where a lot of the gear becomes available too. With our small (but fantastic) group, we can only launch raids every 5 days, so I can't say I have been showered with T3 gear.
I do support mout though, being a guild member, i will do my part for the guild. So if we need to stay a while longer to help the others who stil need it, it will be my pleasure. Torn already suggested to launch a T4, so we can see where we stand. Seems like a good idea.

On the side: I have tried to look into the ninesages guild, but i can't. So my question is: if we go back, will there be room for all of us? I think Corwin will have to answer that one.

Greetings, Moose.
OfflineAppleMoose1984
HellMarys Player
HellMarys Player

Player Name: AppleMoose1984

Postby uselessinfoguru » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:02 pm

I not quite ready yet either, but I could make myself ready with this +1 more tier 3 raid. I'm not sure about merak tho.
Would all those who believe in telekinesis, please raise my hand.
Offlineuselessinfoguru
Webmaster
Webmaster
Hellfire Club
Intendant

Player Name: uselessinfoguru

Postby DeltaEcoBravo » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:21 pm

I've been ready for a couple of weeks now, I've just been waiting for everybody else to be ready too, since I don't want to leave anyone behind. I think last raid made obvious that most of us are ready now, but not all.
I don't mind doing this T3 and another one to help those who need it, but I'd also like to propose something else: let them win this time. This is not HF, we can't push a guildmate to Top 10 so they can improve their decks, but we can let them take the first few ranks in the raid, so they get more gear and, hopefully, they're ready for T5 sooner. I know the trigger finger gets itchy and it's hard to resist the urge to beat the rancor silly, but if we don't help them a little, it's only going to take longer for them to be ready.

Furthermore, like I said on chat, I think we should do a trial T5 raid before disbanding, to make sure everyone's ready. Once the guild's disbanded it's too late to turn back, so I'd say we better make sure Nin, merak, maf, et al are ready before going back to the main guild.

Also, is there even room for all of us in the main guild? Again, don't want to disband 9S junior guild, only to find out we can't all fit in 9S main and be left guildless, wandering the galaxy in search of a new home (this is Star Wars, after all, not Battlestar Galactica ;)).
OfflineDeltaEcoBravo
Intendant
Intendant
No Luck Brotherhood
HellMarys Player

Postby merak » Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:54 pm

I'm lagging behind you guys a bit but I wouldn't hold anyone up for me.
Offlinemerak
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Hellfire Club
Webmaster

Player Name:  

Postby Torn » Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:55 pm

DeltaEcoBravo wrote:Furthermore, like I said on chat, I think we should do a trial T5 raid before disbanding, to make sure everyone's ready.

IMHO, there is no point – mayor feature of raids is gear, to the point that it's pretty much the only thing that matters and once your arena team is past G7, it's way better to be last in T5/T6/T7 Rancor than first in T3/T4… So it's really simple, if you have any 5*, and your arena team is G7, you are ready. ;)
Rejoining main guild gives us many advantages, namely ticket generation(we will never be able to generate enough tickets to run T5+ in sensible numbers and you have to run a lot of them, because with raid gear the number of salvages needed to craft rises from 20 to 50, while the drop numbers stay more or less the same), the fact that big hitters will kill the rancor for us(so it won't linger too long) and the fact we can make AAT usable, because with Corwin and Waaghh(sp?) the thing now after serious nerf will actually die, meaning we will already be collecting AAT raid gear needed for G11…
Running T3s without interference was one thing, but there are no reasons whatsoever to have the guild split while we run T5+ – or at least I do not see any good reason for it.

DeltaEcoBravo wrote:Also, is there even room for all of us in the main guild? Again, don't want to disband 9S junior guild, only to find out we can't all fit in 9S main and be left guildless, wandering the galaxy in search of a new home (this is Star Wars, after all, not Battlestar Galactica ;)).

Last time I was in and was able to see the roster, the guild had at least 10+ dead souls, that haven't login into the game for at least 100+ days – there is enough room for us for sure, even if some others joined in the mean time, Corwin can always kick out the dead souls… But it would be good to get some confirmation, true. ;)
OfflineTorn
Hellfire Club
Webmaster
Intendant
HellMarys Player

Postby mafew1908 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:29 am

Well, tbh, I'm not sure if I'm ready to go back to main guild.
RL interferes a lot currently. However, I like to be part of a community and support the common goals - so I'll support whatever the decision will be. Most important for me would be, that we ALL can join the 'real 9s' guild at once - meaning that there are enough open spaces left.

I like the suggestion that we wait until 'honorable' 9s members who joined SWGOH recently have level 70 to go back...

Based on the replies here, I'd like to suggest that DEB or Torn makes a call - both here and guild chat - on the final decision WHEN we leave. I think it's only a matter of some more days
Offlinemafew1908
Intendant
Intendant
HellMarys Player

Player Name: mafew1908

Postby uselessinfoguru » Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:49 am

if you peeps want to make this the last tier 3 raid and go back after, i can live with it, but i'd really prefer just 1 more.
Offlineuselessinfoguru
Webmaster
Webmaster
Hellfire Club
Intendant

Postby khandog63 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:40 am

Currently there are 5 places ATM but there are a few that haven't played for a while. Happy new year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Offlinekhandog63
Intendant
Intendant
Hellfire Club
Donator

Player Name: khandog63

Postby uselessinfoguru » Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:47 am

me, torn, DEB, Merak, pants, apo, maf, nin, mout, AM all wanting to rejoin the main guild now... thanks Khan, or Corwin, whoever gets rids of the non-contributers to make room and accept our requests. :D
Offlineuselessinfoguru
Webmaster
Webmaster
Hellfire Club
Intendant

Postby khandog63 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:56 am

I'm here I'll get you guys in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Offlinekhandog63
Intendant
Intendant
Hellfire Club
Donator

Player Name: khandog63

Postby uselessinfoguru » Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:57 am

awesome, thanks khan, you're the best... ignore the chat message and pm :D
Offlineuselessinfoguru
Webmaster
Webmaster
Hellfire Club
Intendant

Next