.::-[•  Hell Marys Fan WebSite  •]-::.

NineSages Community

The Only and Largest Online Forum for Many Games

Rancor raid squads

Moderator: Intendants

Rancor raid squads

Postby DeltaEcoBravo » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:45 pm

So we were talking very recently in guild chat about how squads that were all about damage, without TM manipulation, can't really do that much damage in the Rancor raid, and I commented how I get pretty decent damage from my rebel team, even if sometimes can perform relatively poorly due to RNG; meanwhile, my TM squad has a hard time doing good damage because they're not really Damage Dealers and the TM manipulation falls prey too often to bad RNG.
Well, decided to try a full TM squad to start our new rancor raid with Teebo (L), Fives, Rex, QGJ & TIE Fighter Pilot, and did pretty terrible (only 175,232 damage). Since I wasn't thinking about that chat, I didn't think to take a cap. So then I had to use my rebel team with no TM manipulators, since they had all been killed already. Well, thank goodness they made up for the bad results from the TM squad:
Note that AA is still 6* G7, so he usually performs pretty poorly, while the others are G8, and the mods on everyone are not all that great, so the results could certainly be a lot better ;) (and will keep getting better as we level up and add some omegas). So, anyway, I saw how I'd done, then remembered that talk and decided to take a screenshot to show you guys it's feasible. I mean, of course RealWaaagh, frankli or Corwin do significantly better with their squads, since everyone's already pretty max out in them, but we've only just started playing about 3 months ago, can't expect miracles.
Also, this is from a different squad in Phase 4 of Tank Raid a couple of days ago, not quite as good, but still decent:
MVP obviously has to go to Wedge ;)
OfflineDeltaEcoBravo
Summoner
Summoner
No Luck Brotherhood
HellMarys Player
Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes Player

Player Name: DeltaEcoBravo

Re: Rancor raid squads

Postby Torn » Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:35 pm

Just for the sake of comparison, my two *NOT* most recent and *NOT* the best ones:

I had also an almost 700k run, but I forgot to screenshot it and a mere change from RG to Fives should alone add another couple hundred… So take this blatant terrorist promotion of the rebel scum by DEB, as you will. :P
chat wrote:Torn: that's 400*500 = 200 000 moba for Devourer... Think I will pass :P
Creation: Are you a serious player or what Torn? Buck up buddy! What's it gonna be? A house? Or a Devourer?
OfflineTorn
Hellfire Club
Webmaster
Intendant
HellMarys Player

Player Name: *Torn*

Postby DeltaEcoBravo » Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:39 pm

Torn wrote:Just for the sake of comparison, my two *NOT* most recent and *NOT* the best ones:

I had also an almost 700k run, but I forgot to screenshot it and a mere change from RG to Fives should alone add another couple hundred… So take this blatant terrorist promotion of the rebel scum by DEB, as you will. :P

Lucky you, then, because I use Fives instead of RG to slow, and Rex instead of AA to dispell debuffs and remove more TM, and it simply doesn't work well enough. TIE pilot doesn't debuff the rancor's tenacity enough, and he keeps resisting Teebo, Rex & QGJ's TM reduction, so he keeps taking turns and killing one or more almost every time. I guess I still need to work on their speed & potency mods, because as they are, they just don't do enough. I may get 300K out of them, but that's about it, since TIE pilot is really the only one that does any actual damage. Everyone else is just there to delay, delay, delay, and if they don't even do that... Teebo in particular becomes useless as soon as he loses his stealth, and I may be the unlukiest guy around, but my Teebo keeps losing it constantly. And yes, his leader skill is maxed out, and I keep using his special to force stealth him, and he still uncloaks every chance he gets, the little furry b****** ;).
OfflineDeltaEcoBravo
Summoner
Summoner
No Luck Brotherhood
HellMarys Player

Postby Torn » Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:21 am

You need to have high crit chance on TFP – if he doesn't crit, you don't get tenacity down. Other than that, I have shitty 1pip mods on everybody but RG(he and TFP are in my arena squad, so yeah…) Teebo has only 1pip accuracy arrow and 4pip potency cross, QGJ has only 3pip speed arrow(his total bonus potency is +1.93%, so not awesome at all) and a few useless 1pips otherwise and so on and so forth…

It boils down to having one Teebo turn for each 2 TFP ones and never using any of the QGJs specials – too fast(in relation to Teebo and QGJ) TFP, will feed ton of TM to Rancor and you are dead. Using QGJ specials and Teebo alone will not remove enough TM fed by TFP – you are dead. Too slow Teebo or bad luck with stealth? You are dead.

I can't count the times I used RG or Ackbars specials completely needlessly, only to 'pass' their turn without attacking… The only thing you should concentrate is Rancors TM bar, everything else, like paying attention to his countdowns to use ackbars special to shield yourself from the effects with buff is pointless, because if the Rancor moves, he will #!%? you anyway, so whether he will also stun you or remove TM from you is not that important. ;)

This is slow and can't be done on auto, but it has great potential – I only need another TM remover and I should be able to reach 1M+ easily, without changing anything else.
chat wrote:Torn: that's 400*500 = 200 000 moba for Devourer... Think I will pass :P
Creation: Are you a serious player or what Torn? Buck up buddy! What's it gonna be? A house? Or a Devourer?
OfflineTorn
Hellfire Club
Webmaster
Intendant
HellMarys Player

Player Name: *Torn*

Postby DeltaEcoBravo » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:40 pm

Torn wrote:I had also an almost 700k run, but I forgot to screenshot it and a mere change from RG to Fives should alone add another couple hundred… So take this blatant terrorist promotion of the rebel scum by DEB, as you will. :P

You mean, like this?

Yes, yes, pay no attention to that traitorous rebel scum, those pictures are obviously doctored, those little piggies are actually very nice and did nothing to deserve such treatment, they were just doing their jobs! Fake news! :P

But seriously, I really need to mod those other three guys for potency, they keep getting resisted way too often. I think as soon as we finally complete Palpatine, farming some of those will become one of my priorities, hopefully with some nice speed secondaries to boot (hey, a guy can dream ;)), that should help keep the pigs at bay :P
OfflineDeltaEcoBravo
Summoner
Summoner
No Luck Brotherhood
HellMarys Player

Postby nitz » Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:05 pm

hey there guys, so im pretty active in swgoh and looking for a guild, if theres space in your guild id like to join up,

Ign: Nitz
Ally Code: 353-821-547
Offlinenitz
Trainee
Trainee

Player Name: *nitz*

Postby khandog63 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:15 am

No problem nitz but you have to leave your guild and then I can send you a request to join us in the guild
Offlinekhandog63
Intendant
Intendant
Hellfire Club
Donator

Player Name: khandog63

Postby DeltaEcoBravo » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:25 am

FYI, just did this on the rancor raid that we started about an hour ago, in case you're curious:

Now keep in mind that those guys are only gear 8, and only Biggs & Wedge have decent mods (decent, not good), the rest have mostly pretty basic stuff to fill all the slots and add some potency; and of course they're not even fully levelled up, so if you keep working on it, you'll get much better results. Particularly, Teebo apparently gains a lot of potency once you get to certain gear level, which would only help to stick that TM reduction on the pig boss.
So now you know, get to work! ;)
OfflineDeltaEcoBravo
Summoner
Summoner
No Luck Brotherhood
HellMarys Player

Postby DeltaEcoBravo » Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:03 am

So, umm... this went well! ;)

Now, if only I could add some more potency to both Rex and Teebo and that freaking teddy bear would stop decloaking every 3 seconds, I could've lasted a little longer, but things are looking up :PDT_003:
OfflineDeltaEcoBravo
Summoner
Summoner
No Luck Brotherhood
HellMarys Player

Postby DeltaEcoBravo » Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:26 am

The raid team is progressing nicely :PDT_003: :

Not much progress in the mod department, though, still need a lot of potency and speed, but I'm hoping once I finish Jyn Erso, combined with Bistan and Wiggs, they'll make a formidable rancor team and potency won't be that big of an issue.
OfflineDeltaEcoBravo
Summoner
Summoner
No Luck Brotherhood
HellMarys Player

Postby DeltaEcoBravo » Mon May 15, 2017 2:42 pm

I've been kinda busy the last few days to post this, but I wanted to show you guys a different squad composition that gave me a pretty good result in the last rancor raid we played:
And this was phase 3, where the rancor is a lot tougher than the gamorreans from phase 1.
Also, you'll notice that all of the characters in that squad are just gear 8, Jyn is not even 7* and most of their mods are just so and so (I've improved Jyn's quite a bit since then), so there's a lot of room for improvement.
It's also pretty slow, since Boba is the only one doing real damage, so it takes a while to get there, but I tried wiggs instead of Boba/Phasma and, without someone to slow the rancor, it just wasn't working. Maybe once everyone has a full set of mods with enough speed secondaries to put them above 200 speed, slowing the rancor won't be necessary, but right now, it still is.
OfflineDeltaEcoBravo
Summoner
Summoner
No Luck Brotherhood
HellMarys Player

Postby DeltaEcoBravo » Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:45 am

A different team comp for the raid we just started that's provived me with my best attack so far on the rancor raid. Note that 2 of those 5 characters are still 6*, so there's still certainly room for improvement:

The good thing is, I still haven't used teebo, rex, qui-gon and phasma, which means the rancor could still take plenty more damage (and let's not get started on the clone squad, the jedi squad, the droid squad, etc) :PDT_003:
OfflineDeltaEcoBravo
Summoner
Summoner
No Luck Brotherhood
HellMarys Player

Postby DeltaEcoBravo » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:12 pm

With the team now completely evolved to 7* lvl 85 and at least G8, the results are getting better:
Only Biggs and Wedge have maxed out gear, and their mods are mostly ok with a couple of good ones (two 5* speed arrows and another mod with a +19 speed secondary), Jyn is shaping up nicely and Bistan still needs a lot of work (those Phoenix characters require more attention and resources than I'd like).
OfflineDeltaEcoBravo
Summoner
Summoner
No Luck Brotherhood
HellMarys Player

Postby DeltaEcoBravo » Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:23 am

I keep tweaking team composition looking for better results, and this comp also worked somewhat:
It's incredibly slow, it takes forever to do damage, but the rancor barely gets a chance to attack and, when it does, chirrut heals all the damage, so it can only kill you by devouring or one-shot killing you (which is how it killed the squad). Of course, if I ever manage to gear up bistan, cassian and teebo, that should help with the damage, so we'll see how it goes.
OfflineDeltaEcoBravo
Summoner
Summoner
No Luck Brotherhood
HellMarys Player