.::-[•  Hell Marys Fan WebSite  •]-::.

NineSages Community

The Only and Largest Online Forum for Many Games

Ninesages Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes Official Guild Rules

Moderator: Intendants

Re: Ninesages Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes Official Guild Rule

Postby DeltaEcoBravo » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:26 pm

Before we start kicking people from the guild for not obeying rules that by this point I’m pretty sure they don’t even know exist, and perhaps take the guild in a direction that’s not what corwin originally intended, I'd like to propose a possible alternative: do something similar to what we did last Christmas, and split the guild in two. Create a new 9S Heroic guild, that only those interested in being more active, playing heroic raids, actually coordinating and cooperating with your guildmates should join, and leave the original 9S guild for the people who’d rather remain casual, play only when they feel like and not having to follow more rules than they want.

Anyone could go back and forth from one guild to the other, depending on how much time they feel like investing in the game, and that way we don’t have to kick those players who have been unresponsive to our warnings these past few weeks (which I still think it’s either because they don’t have chat or they don’t speak English, and not because they just don’t want to do it). We’ll be the ones leaving for a new, more organized heroic guild, and take with us all those interested in that, while we leave the more casual players here. That way, strictly speaking, nobody has to leave 9S, we’ll just have two different guilds to cater to two different kinds of play-styles and anyone can stay wherever they feel comfortable. You have some extra time and would like to play a little more seriously for a couple of weeks? Go to 9S Heroic. You are going to be too busy working/studying for some time and are not going to meet minimum requisites to stay in 9S Heroic? You don’t have to go guildless, just move to 9S original for that time, so you don’t miss out completely and come back when you can.

I don’t know if you’d like that option. I think most of the people we’d miss if we move to a 9S Heroic guild are people who would be getting kicked from our current guild in the next few days (or maybe weeks) for non-compliance, while all those interested in making more of an effort would come with us.

We could start the new guild with all the rules already in place so anyone who wants to join would already be aware beforehand of those rules they’d have to follow, instead of starting to change the rules of the original guild for people who joined when those rules didn’t exist and now are maybe not happy with the changes.

Just my 2-cents. It’s obvious if we want to do this a bit more seriously we can’t keep allowing anyone to do whatever they want in the raids, and if they keep doing what they’re doing, they can’t keep playing with us, but I still don’t like kicking people who I think are not doing it out of selfishness or malice, just out of ignorance of what we're trying to do. That way, there could a more relaxed place for them with corwin, while we start a more active 9S guild for those who wish to push a little further, without being extremely competitive, of course, we’re not whales, after all, just more committed than your average F2P players.
OfflineDeltaEcoBravo
Intendant
Intendant
No Luck Brotherhood
HellMarys Player
Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes Player

Player Name: DeltaEcoBravo

Postby mafew1908 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:42 pm

DEB, thank you very much for your "irresistance" and your patience. In general, I totally agree with you and support this approach.

BUT:
the ones currently not obeying to the rules would neither fit into professional nor even casual guild (in my opinion). They are now not participating in guild chat (whatever tool is used), so what will change?

9s:
when I found this community it was just nice to get advice, we supported each other on the individual goals. Several individuals provided some useful lists, links, etc.

We have to make a decision soon, if 9s can provide this for SWGOH or we just don't have the "critical mass" as we like to call it in Germany...
Offlinemafew1908
Intendant
Intendant
HellMarys Player

Player Name: mafew1908

Postby uselessinfoguru » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:58 am

i was just thinking the same thing, DEB, not 10 minutes before i read your post. I totally agree with this idea. It does so much for 9s. if the other officers agree, we can coordinate who will be officers in each guild and who will lead 2nd guild from this thread and 9s shoutbox, as most of the officers and leaders will be able to communicate that way without a problem.

i also feel any officer/leader should be at least registered with this site, but that's just my opinion.

Tho i do see a possible issue of leaving the current 9s guild with no officers, if all the 9s registered current members want to join the heroic guild.
Would all those who believe in telekinesis, please raise my hand.
Offlineuselessinfoguru
Webmaster
Webmaster
Hellfire Club
Intendant

Player Name: uselessinfoguru

Postby uselessinfoguru » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:33 am

just some thoughts H guild rules
1 chat, line, discord, whatever we choose
2 0 damage to rancor day 1, 0 damage to all raids day 1 later on
3 450 min guild tickets produced daily
4 set min amount of daily activities for guild store tokens

with a resetting warning system
Offlineuselessinfoguru
Webmaster
Webmaster
Hellfire Club
Intendant

Postby Corwin9s » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:30 am

hello there. The 9S Spirit is to have fun and to provide help, support, advices to any player.

This being said, creating related Guilds will not offend me, especially if there is a "standard" 9S Guild with casual and quite regular players, and an "heroic" 9S Guild with more advanced players.

We cans set steps and have the standard as a door for the heroic one.

My fears are that people will not be interested joining any 9S Guild because they are too selective. And also that the standard Guild will loose all high leveled players and will not be able anymore to do any guild quests.
OfflineCorwin9s
Great Summoner
Great Summoner
Hellfire Club
Webmaster
Donator
No Luck Brotherhood
HellMarys Player
Battlestar Galactica Player

Player Name: Corwin9s

Postby AppleMoose1984 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:40 pm

Great work from the think tank here, i do appreciate we undertake steps to further ensure our progress in this game. I feel many of us have started investing in it quite a bit and we should set up a system that allows us to reap the benefits of that investment.
So the two guild split up with free movement between those (as we all will have periods when playtime is restricted due to work or other real life stuff) sounds like an excellent idea. The only problem I see is that the current 9S guild will just be a ghost town, as most of the high level players will join the heroic guild.

So i understand Corwins concern. Will the regular guild be able to launch raids, or will that come to a halt? Because if that is the case, it might be better to remain one guild and enforce some guild rules on the rest. You need only to enforce the 0 damage rancor rule, as the other rules won't affect our own progress... It doesn't really matter how many raid tickets the 'regular' players produce, as long as the 'heroic' ones provide their share.

Guru, i find your 4 guild rules very solid to use, they will provide a great overall ticket harvest!
OfflineAppleMoose1984
HellMarys Player
HellMarys Player

Player Name: AppleMoose1984

Postby DeltaEcoBravo » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:25 pm

mafew1908 wrote:BUT:
the ones currently not obeying to the rules would neither fit into professional nor even casual guild (in my opinion). They are now not participating in guild chat (whatever tool is used), so what will change?

Well, up until we started playing Heroic Rancor, we didn’t mind what these people did, and we still don’t mind what they do in the tank, since it’s not ruining anything for anybody. It’s only when we started running H-Rancor and they started ruining things for everyone else that their conduct became a problem. A casual guild should be running T6 or lower raids, which don’t have time constraints and casual players have more than enough time to participate at their leisure. If you’re interested in playing heroic raids, you should join a heroic guild.
OfflineDeltaEcoBravo
Intendant
Intendant
No Luck Brotherhood
HellMarys Player

Postby DeltaEcoBravo » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:31 pm

Corwin9s wrote:My fears are that people will not be interested joining any 9S Guild because they are too selective. And also that the standard Guild will loose all high leveled players and will not be able anymore to do any guild quests.

You should check this: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwar ... yer-guilds, to see some of the crazy requirements some of these guilds are asking from anyone interested.
Any competitive guild will ask you for 600 tickets a day, they will ask you to be communicative (most use 3rd party chat apps), many ask for a minimum number of 7* characters, G10-11 squads, and even have ranking requirements for both arenas (regular & fleet). Now that’s selective! And yet people trip all over themselves to join some of these. There are, of course, also more relaxed ones, but pretty much any one of them will ask you for a certain level of commitment. You can also see that many of them also have several guilds going and, depending on where you’re at in the game, will place you in one subguild or the other (for example, they can have one guild running normal raids, another running heroic rancor and normal AAT, and another one running both heroic raids).
This is normal, this game is set up in such a way that some of the content is gated behind certain prerequisites, heroic raids are not meant for newbies, newbies should be playing lower tier raids; likewise, veterans are not meant to be playing lower tier raids forever or they’ll miss out on important content (GK is supposed to be a must for any self-respecting advanced player ;)).
What’s more, the heroic raids (and soon Territory Battles) require a level of coordination and team play that cannot be achieved with just a bunch of casual players, each doing whatever they want.

Hellfire didn’t have guilds and so SW:GoH makes for a different experience. But we still had the Wolfpack for those who wanted to be more organized and committed. If you joined the Wolfpack, you had to obey certain rules, you had to communicate, etc. And there were other organized groups like that. Of course, you didn’t have to join the Wolfpack, you could just play on your own, set up your own trades with other players, etc., and that didn’t matter, because it wouldn’t hurt the wolfpack, since they were playing a different way. And that’s ok, because the game was meant to be a mostly solo experience, there were no group leaderboards, group rewards, etc., other than those disastrous factions they tried (and failed) to implement. An organized group was simply a way to help you rank higher individually, but the game was not made to be played in guilds.
Now imagine that the only way we could have played Hell dungeon (the higher tiered one) was as part of an organized group, or that certain raid bosses could only be hit by you and your group, and not by random strangers. Of course that would have required the creation of specialized groups, some more committed than others. Well, SW:GoH is set up in this way.

If you’re worried about losing all high level players, well, you’re probably right, because again, this game is not really meant for advanced players and newbies to be playing at the same level. I don’t think the devs would like that we don’t mind carrying our newbies and have them participating in Heroic Raids; they want their newbies playing content meant for newbies, not for veterans, and their veterans playing their advanced content. That’s how the game is designed.

But this problem is not going to be solved by simply hoping that random players stumble upon our guild and decide to give it a try. In HF, 9S was the site of reference for any information regarding HF, people simply came to 9S if they were looking for info about the game, we didn’t have to “recruit” anyone, they simply joined.
That is not the case with SW:GoH, there are multiple sources of information for players, and 9S is not one of them. To be that, we would need a ton of user-generated content, and I don’t think most of us have time for that. Since 9S is completely unknown in the SW:GoH community, we can’t expect players to come to us. Quite the opposite, any committed player will be looking for a committed guild and that is not us in our current shape. We can only hope to attract newbies, and random casual newbies at that, because even newbies will be looking to join better known and established guilds, like Team Instinct, Team Skunk and the like. The way this problem could be solved would be by doing recruitment drives, posting in the official forums, the subreddit... but again, who has time for that? I certainly don’t.
(Check here: https://swgoh.gg/g/ and you can see some of these guilds welcome message, already stating some of the rules to join them, you’ll also see how many require line, discord or similar to contact them, that you grind 600 tickets a day, etc)

What I know is that something has to change for this to work. We certainly can’t keep running Heroic raids like this, with players sabotaging every raid we try to run. If we start enforcing the rules and kicking all these players out, we’ll basically end up pretty much with the guild composition a possible 9S Heroic guild would have, but with almost no room for casuals/slackers. If we move all interested players to 9S Heroic, all the other players that would otherwise have to be kicked can simply stay here and keep playing T6 raids, where they won’t be ruining it for others. And there would be room for other newbies and casuals to come, while anyone who progresses enough could move to the Heroic guild if they feel that’s what they want to do. But we don’t have to force anyone to do anything. If you join 9S Heroic, it’s because you’ve already decided to comply with the rules. If you don’t want any rules, just stay with 9S Classic, you can do whatever you want there.
OfflineDeltaEcoBravo
Intendant
Intendant
No Luck Brotherhood
HellMarys Player

Postby uselessinfoguru » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:28 pm

so, what are we thinking here?
run another casual 9s raid?
swap out officers, create 9s Heroic and the the tickets for the cassuallers?
Offlineuselessinfoguru
Webmaster
Webmaster
Hellfire Club
Intendant

Postby DeltaEcoBravo » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:46 pm

At least for now, we should start another Heroic Pit Raid. And since nobody's posting about their preferred launch times, they have no right to complain that we're not launching them at a convenient time for them. :? :twisted:
We asked days ago, at least for their time zone, to get a general idea of what we're dealing with, so we can find launch times that would suit the most people, and we've barely collected any info about it, so I'd say let's go ahead and launch it, and if anyone complains, we'll just direct them to the thread. Hey, maybe this will even encourage some of them to finally post something. ;)
OfflineDeltaEcoBravo
Intendant
Intendant
No Luck Brotherhood
HellMarys Player

Postby uselessinfoguru » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:46 pm

We'll need a decision and plan of action on the split or kicking and strict implementation of rules in the current guild, or we will start losing good guild members due to people not being able or willing to follow simple rules. I really feel the split is the best decision. It may leave the Casual 9s guild with some non-guild ready players for a while, but it will quickly enough be rebuilt, same with the heroic guild, it will be short on members at first, but that will change as well.
This will allow 9s SW:GOH guilds to have a max of 100 members, and the casual/noob guild can be a gateway for the heroic guild. The casual guild can run T4-T6 raids, while the H guild runs HR and tank, til we can handle the H tank.
It would also be nice if a plan of action could at least be formulated by the end of the weekend, so that our dedicated guild members can see something's being done, so we don't lose them.
Offlineuselessinfoguru
Webmaster
Webmaster
Hellfire Club
Intendant

Postby mafew1908 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:54 pm

Just one additional comment:
If we split and set some rules for the "H"-guild, I'd prefer that we'd rather have rules in place which allow semi-progressed but well active members to participate.
e.g.: 600 daily tickets produced, sticking to guild rules, but yet only 1 x 7* toon.

For the h-Rancor, we are already strong enough with 2-5 members. For the HAAT, we need more time, but I'd like to give some of our new members a chance to be part of this start-up.
Offlinemafew1908
Intendant
Intendant
HellMarys Player

Player Name: mafew1908

Postby uselessinfoguru » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:57 pm

good stuff maf, but i don't think the 7* is necessary... if someone can produce the required daily ticket, the required daily guild activities, and use chat, and knowing they can't participate in raids until the have a 7*, and want's to join the H guild, anyway... I have no problem with that.
Offlineuselessinfoguru
Webmaster
Webmaster
Hellfire Club
Intendant

Postby keylay » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:16 pm

Sooo, still being new to this game and not at the advanced lvls you Guys are at. I don't mind helping with the casual guild. Bing that it is casual. Meaning not requiring my daily attention .if theres another thread i should be looking at for requirements about this i apologize in advance. I am on fairly regularly for those that know me.

I would also really prefer another method of communication. Forums are nice for discussions and lengthy info. For passing messages etc, its a bit of a chore for me personally on my mobile.

Oh and I'm EDT/EST or GMT-4 /5 .
Offlinekeylay
Trainee
Trainee

Player Name: keylay

Previous