.::-[•  Hell Marys Fan WebSite  •]-::.

NineSages Community

The Only and Largest Online Forum for Many Games

Ninesages Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes Official Guild Rules

Moderator: Intendants

Ninesages Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes Official Guild Rules

Postby uselessinfoguru » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:37 am

The difficult stuff has to be done, so this is here.
The Official 9S Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes Heroic Guild Rules

Subject to change without notice, but posted here as soon as possible at the moment. Work in progress.

Definitive Rules:

1: All members must have guild chat turned on in the game preferences. This is how we communicate announcements, upcoming Raids, and what's going on with the guild. Chat is in English. Non-English speaking members should provide there email by registering with this forum then replying to this post with their email and native language, or private messaging me (uselessinfoguru), in case you're worried about privacy, so rules, announcements, and changes can be emailed, thus translated, to you.

2: All members must do 0 damage to the Rancor in the guild raid battles for the first 24 hours after the Raid launch. For instance, if the raid launches at 0100 (1am) on Friday, you will need to just tag the rancor until 0100 (1am) on Saturday. This is accomplished by clearing your squad in the squad selection screen, then scrolling down through your list of characters to the last one eligible for the fight, i.e. the weakest character you can attack with, then use only that one character and start the battle. If you have more than 1 eligible character, you will receive a warning saying your squad is incomplete, in such case, you will need to hit OK, then hit 'Battle' again to fight with just 1 character. If you are able to attack before the character gets killed, attack the outer two guards, not the center (main) guard, until your character dies. Then you will have tagged, showing 0 damage to the rancor under your playername on the main rancor raid page.
This rule is in effect so that the rancor is not killed before everyone gets a chance to reap the rewards by participating in the battle.

3: All members must use Discord. This is for the same reasons as rule 1. This is a chat app for IOS, Android, Windows, amongst other OS platforms. Our invite link to our Discord chat server is https://discord.gg/PJA4cxB. Need help? PM or email me @ uselessinfoguru@gmail.com.

4: All members need to maintain an average of 500 daily raid tickets produced. This is done by spending energy on cantina, light side, and dark side battles. You'll need to produce at least 500 average from one guild activity refresh to the next. The max is 600 daily. For the guild rules, this will be calculated by your lifetime contribution divided by the amount of days you've been in the guild.

5: Acknowledgement of these rules needs to be given. Just let us know by replying to this post or in our Discord chat that you've read, understand and will obey the rules.

As far as discipline goes, any breakage of the rules will result in the following, in order, no exceptions:

1st: Warning
2nd: Warning
3rd: Kicked (if reapply is initiated and accepted, a 3rd warning will apply with acceptance)
4th: Kicked without chance of re-admittance

Note: 3rd Warning and reapplication will be subject to review by the guild leader and the officers.

Warnings will mostly come through the Discord guild chat, however, non-English speaking persons can request to have email warnings sent instead.

With fair warning, spots can be reserved for members. i.e. "I'm going on an expedition to the Congo in hunt for silverback gorillas, so I won't be able to log on for a month." In such cases, the member will be able to simply switch to the NineSages guild until they are ready to rejoin the NineSages Heroic guild.

Reminder: All rules are subject to change (and probably will, until we get it right) regularly. Please check here and refresh your browser on this page regularly for the latest updates.

Official Rules end here

Below are replies and suggestions from members of the guild towards these rules. Any official changes implemented by suggestions below will be added to this post and mentioned in the 9S forum chat, in-game guild chat, Discord (in chat and updated on the rules channel) and emailed to Non-English emails of active member accounts.

Thank you all, and Happy Gaming!
Would all those who believe in telekinesis, please raise my hand.
Offlineuselessinfoguru
Webmaster
Webmaster
Hellfire Club
Intendant
Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes Player

Player Name: uselessinfoguru

Re: Guild Rules

Postby mafew1908 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:59 pm

Good start and necessary, if we'd like to improve as a guild. Thx to guru and the other officers on taking initiative.

Here are some of my thoughts which could be discussed as we progress:

1. Current "raid tickets (daily)":
This needs to be fixed first from the devs. Once this is done, I'd like to see, that each member spends 75% [or some other factor to be determined] of that energy on the specific daily guild activity. As it is only applicable on Cantina battles, Light side, Dark side and Hard battles - this is a bit more than 50% of the total energy controlled by guild rules - still leaves enough freedom to chase the individual short term goals...
e.g. a member produced 200/600 on daily raid tickets, then it should also be 150+ on daily guild activities

2. Minimum spend of energy to create daily raid tickets:
This might create some controversy but we should set a target. We're not hardcore, so it won't be 600 per member per day.
We get 240 'regular' energy and 120 'cantina' every day. That's 360 energy total. If we pick up the first daily bonus each day (45 'regular' & 45 'cantina' energy) that's another 90. Contribution is now 450 RT. There are two more free daily bonuses of 45 'regular' energy. Makes another 90 and gives a total of 540.
So I'd set a target like: Who logs in, has to create 250 daily raid tickets.

3. Guild members:
We might want to have a decision, that we will be at max 49/50 for guild members. Would make it easier to enforce rules and ensure people can come back. As well as leave a guaranteed space for veterans of the old HF group.

4. Getting kicked due to in-activity:
As suggested we should keep a list from people who are currently unavailable due to RL issues etc.
For all others it should be like 14days+ inactive = kicked
We might want to have no automated process but like a voting of the council (officers + guild leaders)

5. HAAT (maybe Territory Battles)
Once we progress further we might want to make use of Discord, Line, NS chat mandatory

6. Focals:
to be discussed. Once more and more people can solo a total raid or some phase, we can either stick with the competitive approach or have a focal system like in HF.
Offlinemafew1908
Intendant
Intendant
HellMarys Player

Player Name: mafew1908

Postby uselessinfoguru » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:05 pm

all good stuff, Maf, thanks! I really like to focal idea for raids, maybe have 2 or 3 focals that go in at the same time on the Rancor, which alternates throughout the guild. once the focals have done their attacks, if anything is left the 0 taggers have a free for all... or something like that.
Offlineuselessinfoguru
Webmaster
Webmaster
Hellfire Club
Intendant

Postby uselessinfoguru » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:06 am

for a quick fix for the Rancor raids to be fair because the rancor can be killed quick while 1/2 the guild is sleeping, Khan and I came up with starting the rancor in a cycle. 0000 UTC, 0600 UTC, 1200 UTC, 1800 UTC. every 4 rancor raid launches it cycles through the launch times and repeats.

Officers and members are welcome to give feedback by replying to this post.
Offlineuselessinfoguru
Webmaster
Webmaster
Hellfire Club
Intendant

Postby uselessinfoguru » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:10 am

i also think we should add a warning reset if the offender does said offending rule correct the next time. for instance with the rancor rule, if someone gets 2 warnings then the next time 0 tags, the warning should be reset, just in case of those doh! moments or the my weakest charater killed both side guards and could not help but attack the middle before the character died senarios.
Offlineuselessinfoguru
Webmaster
Webmaster
Hellfire Club
Intendant

Postby DeltaEcoBravo » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:40 am

mafew1908 wrote:
1. Current "raid tickets (daily)":
This needs to be fixed first from the devs. Once this is done, I'd like to see, that each member spends 75% [or some other factor to be determined] of that energy on the specific daily guild activity. As it is only applicable on Cantina battles, Light side, Dark side and Hard battles - this is a bit more than 50% of the total energy controlled by guild rules - still leaves enough freedom to chase the individual short term goals...
e.g. a member produced 200/600 on daily raid tickets, then it should also be 150+ on daily guild activities

I don't think you've stopped to do the actual math here, my friend, because this is not flexible at all and would be a serious demand of what you can do with your energy in any of those given days when you're one of those active players who actually grinds your 600 tickets every day. According to this, I'd probably be better off barely grinding any tickets on those days, so that meeting that 75% would be easy.
Let's break it down a bit: with 600 tickets a day, 75% would mean 450 would have to be spent on the daily activity and the other 150 would be free to spend however you like. But since you get over 100 regen cantina energy a day + 45 bonus cantina energy a day, that means around 150 of your daily tickets come from cantina energy (actually, it'd be even more, but let's round it down to make the argument even easier to understand) leaving another 450 tickets still to grind. Since you need to spend 450 on light/dark/hard missions, that means you basically need to spend all your regular energy on the daily activity, and not spend any more in cantina.
So, we're not asking people to grind 600 tickets a day, but if you do, you would actually need to spend a lot more than 600 energy in order to have some leeway as to what you can spend it on.
And let's not get started on cantina energy day, where if you grind 600 tickets, if 450 of those had to come from cantina energy, that actually means you have to spend at least 200 crystals on cantina energy refreshes.
I know you said 75% was not an exact percentage, but that percentage would have to be drastically lower for the people who actually manage to make it to their assigned 600 tickets/day, but not much more than that. Only people who spend a lot more than 600 energy/day or a lot less would have any flexibility to decide what to do with their energy in those days.

TL/DR: Well, get ready, because there's even more in the next post
OfflineDeltaEcoBravo
Intendant
Intendant
No Luck Brotherhood
HellMarys Player

Player Name: DeltaEcoBravo

Postby DeltaEcoBravo » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:42 am

mafew1908 wrote:2. Minimum spend of energy to create daily raid tickets:
This might create some controversy but we should set a target. We're not hardcore, so it won't be 600 per member per day.
We get 240 'regular' energy and 120 'cantina' every day. That's 360 energy total. If we pick up the first daily bonus each day (45 'regular' & 45 'cantina' energy) that's another 90. Contribution is now 450 RT. There are two more free daily bonuses of 45 'regular' energy. Makes another 90 and gives a total of 540.
So I'd set a target like: Who logs in, has to create 250 daily raid tickets.

Completely agreed, any competitive guild requires 600 tickets a day. We want to be more relaxed than that and understand that people have RL commitments to take care of, but I think we should ask for a minimum average (it doesn't matter if you don't make it to, say, 450 one day, you can make it up another day). Particularly for veteran players, meeting a minimum number of tickets should be easy, since they have access to nodes that require 16-20 energy per mission, so using a few sim tickets on those nodes shouldn’t take long (unless you really have zero time to play on any given day).
OfflineDeltaEcoBravo
Intendant
Intendant
No Luck Brotherhood
HellMarys Player

Postby DeltaEcoBravo » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:43 am

mafew1908 wrote:3. Guild members:
We might want to have a decision, that we will be at max 49/50 for guild members. Would make it easier to enforce rules and ensure people can come back. As well as leave a guaranteed space for veterans of the old HF group.

For now, sure. We still have a few inactive players, so we can keep dropping them every time a new player joins the guild and we can easily keep the 49/50. But if we run out of inactives, are we still going to keep an open spot if a promising player asks to join the guild? I’d love to get some new people with tank-ready squads for a change ;P
OfflineDeltaEcoBravo
Intendant
Intendant
No Luck Brotherhood
HellMarys Player

Postby DeltaEcoBravo » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:45 am

mafew1908 wrote:5. HAAT (maybe Territory Battles)
Once we progress further we might want to make use of Discord, Line, NS chat mandatory

Absolutely! We need better coordination, we need to tell people that a new raid’s about to start, remind them to do 0-damage as soon as we start it (if it’s a pit raid) and warn them when we will be launching our simultaneous attacks to finish it.
I think merak likes discord, so I don’t mind trying that if he thinks it’s best.

mafew1908 wrote:6. Focals:
to be discussed. Once more and more people can solo a total raid or some phase, we can either stick with the competitive approach or have a focal system like in HF.

Sure, but that still requires much better coordination than what we have right now, so we’d probably need to use discord or whatever for that.
OfflineDeltaEcoBravo
Intendant
Intendant
No Luck Brotherhood
HellMarys Player

Postby DeltaEcoBravo » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:06 am

uselessinfoguru wrote:for a quick fix for the Rancor raids to be fair because the rancor can be killed quick while 1/2 the guild is sleeping, Khan and I came up with starting the rancor in a cycle. 0000 UTC, 0600 UTC, 1200 UTC, 1800 UTC. every 4 rancor raid launches it cycles through the launch times and repeats.

Officers and members are welcome to give feedback by replying to this post.

Not so sure about this. Most people sleep more than 6 hours a day, so for a lot of people 2 of the 4 starting times could be terrible.

Let's take Central Europe (CET), for example: 0000 UTC means 0200 CET right now (due to DST) which is pretty terrible for almost all Europeans that are not me, 0600 UTC means 0800 CET which is again a terrible time for anyone with a 9 to 5 job or school, since you're probably too busy getting ready for any of those to be able to spare half an hour trying to solo the rancor; and then 1200 UTC is 1400 CET, still probably a bad time for most Europeans (unless you're Spanish, since that's lunch time for us and having some rancor for starters sounds about right ;)).

Perhaps 3 launch times, 8 hours apart, would be better? Sure, at least one will be terrible for you, but perhaps not the other 2?
OfflineDeltaEcoBravo
Intendant
Intendant
No Luck Brotherhood
HellMarys Player

Postby uselessinfoguru » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:11 am

DeltaEcoBravo wrote:Not so sure about this. Most people sleep more than 6 hours a day, so for a lot of people 2 of the 4 starting times could be terrible.

Let's take Central Europe (CET), for example: 0000 UTC means 0200 CET right now (due to DST) which is pretty terrible for almost all Europeans that are not me, 0600 UTC means 0800 CET which is again a terrible time for anyone with a 9 to 5 job or school, since you're probably too busy getting ready for any of those to be able to spare half an hour trying to solo the rancor; and then 1200 UTC is 1400 CET, still probably a bad time for most Europeans (unless you're Spanish, since that's lunch time for us and having some rancor for starters sounds about right ;)).

Perhaps 3 launch times, 8 hours apart, would be better? Sure, at least one will be terrible for you, but perhaps not the other 2?

Exactly why we need this forum and post, thanks for your feedback. 3 @ 8 hours sounds good to me, so 0000, 0800 and 1600 UTC, or maybe adjusted 6 hours from there for land mass time compatibility?
Offlineuselessinfoguru
Webmaster
Webmaster
Hellfire Club
Intendant

Postby DeltaEcoBravo » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:25 am

uselessinfoguru wrote:
DeltaEcoBravo wrote:Not so sure about this. Most people sleep more than 6 hours a day, so for a lot of people 2 of the 4 starting times could be terrible.

Exactly why we need this forum and post, thanks for your feedback. 3 @ 8 hours sounds good to me, so 0000, 0800 and 1600 UTC, or maybe adjusted 6 hours from there for land mass time compatibility?

I think we'll need to adjust those a bit.
Perhaps we should do a survey to determine what are the most dominant time zones in our guild and adjust a bit the times to favor as many people as possible. Something tells me the two most common will be CET and EST, but we could be surprised.
OfflineDeltaEcoBravo
Intendant
Intendant
No Luck Brotherhood
HellMarys Player

Postby uselessinfoguru » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:00 am

i feel each officer and the GL should be assigned to a rule, for dissidents. keeping track by playername of all rule-breakers.
Offlineuselessinfoguru
Webmaster
Webmaster
Hellfire Club
Intendant

Postby khandog63 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:45 am

I'm keeping track of offenders and working on a repository for the information. Having focals is great nominating maybe 5 that hit on day one and allowing them to be top 5. But enforcement of zero damage day 1 difficult as some of our lower level members have 1 to 5 7star characters and could be hard for them to resist the temptation to get as much damage as possible for better rewards. I understand that the rewards are randomly assigned, maybe lift the zero damage to no more than 5000 maximum damage for the lower level members?
Offlinekhandog63
Intendant
Intendant
Hellfire Club
Donator

Player Name: khandog63

Postby mafew1908 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:18 am

@DEB: fair enough, it's not that easy.

But what I just like to have as a combination or set of rules is that if you're log-in, you just have to contribute to guild activities. That doesn't need 30min+. If you can't make it on one day (RL etc.) that's fine - at least for some days...

I don't like to grant the "0-damage-part" of a raid - which is a team decision - if individuals are not producing daily tickets or at least take a look at daily guild activities. This is a team effort as well.

Any draft for such a rule which is easy to understand, doesn't need much time a day, contributes and is easy to control would be highly appreciated.
Offlinemafew1908
Intendant
Intendant
HellMarys Player

Player Name: mafew1908

Postby mout164 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:56 pm

"Officers", "Dissidents", "Rule-Breakers", "Information repository", "Enforcing"
Definitly not like the way this is going :corwin3: :(
Offlinemout164
Apprentice
Apprentice
Hellfire Club
Donator
HellMarys Player

Player Name: mout164

Postby uselessinfoguru » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:13 pm

we also do not want to be a totally casual guild, if we can be semi-competitive. And the rancor rule is in place, as stated, simply to be fair, so everyone at least gets a chance to tag. I don't believe the implemented rules are too strict in any kind of way. I understand where you are coming from mout, and i certainly don't want to hurt anyone's feelings, but it seems like you may be looking for a more casual guild than where this guild is headed.
Offlineuselessinfoguru
Webmaster
Webmaster
Hellfire Club
Intendant

Postby khandog63 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:10 am

The reason why we ask that zero damage to the heroic rancor is because we have 3/4 members who can solo the heroic rancor and kill it in 2 hours. With the 2 day limit we want as many as possible to tag it as all taggers will get rewards of shards and gear. Surely this is not too much to ask for.
Offlinekhandog63
Intendant
Intendant
Hellfire Club
Donator

Player Name: khandog63

Postby soulnebula » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:52 am

Zero damage is great. It makes the guild stonger as everyone will get rewards. Need to go to line or discord. My old guild used it, it is way better than this. Oh and hi to everyone I'mm baaacckkkk.
Offlinesoulnebula
HellMarys Player
HellMarys Player
Hellfire Club
Donator

Player Name: soulnebula

Postby uselessinfoguru » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:13 am

now's the time to setup Raid launch times.... let's go by UTC since this guild isn't timezone specific. Google it. 3 times, 8 hours apart, but which 3 times? 0000 0800 1600, 0400 1200 1800, etc... we need some feedback from the officers and guild members for this.

also, created a separate thread for this.
Offlineuselessinfoguru
Webmaster
Webmaster
Hellfire Club
Intendant

Next