.::-[•  Hell Marys Fan WebSite  •]-::.

NineSages Community

The Only and Largest Online Forum for Many Games

Hell Marys Dev here - What did you love about Hellfire?

Moderator: Intendants

Hell Marys Dev here - What did you love about Hellfire?

Postby mario.hitpoint » Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:39 pm

Hey everyone,

As you've all heard Nintendo's Mobile Partner DeNA Has Decided to Dissolve US Subsidiary DeNA Global.

I work for studio behind Hell Marys, a game similar to Hellfire.

What were some of your favorite things about Hellfire?

What aspects did you enjoy most?

Have any of you heard of Hell Marys before?

We want to make Hell Marys better and want to hear from you.

If you haven't played before here are the links to download the game:

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hitpointstudios.hellmarys&hl=en

iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/hell-marys/id964958430?mt=8
Last edited by mario.hitpoint on Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Offlinemario.hitpoint
Game Official
Game Official
HellMarys Player

Player Name: Mario

Re: Hell Marys Dev here - What did you love about Hellfire?

Postby uselessinfoguru » Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:41 pm

Raids are a definite + always, mario

hellfire was setup with alternating dungeon and raid events with a inferno dungeon for 1 day inbetween event

raid and inferno are great, but the dungeon events could get a bit boring because of just repeating the last dungeon floors over and over again

they added a more difficult 'insane' level to the dungeon event which was really difficult and broke up the monotony of the dungeon events

Elite creatures for each event are also good, like 4-5 event creatures that have a x4 or x5 multiplier on their stats for that event

also elite event creatures had a x3 multiplier for any leveling (food) they were given so they could be maxed out easier

one other thing i noticed, there seems to not be a way to create a Hell Marys game account without a Facebook account. Some of us don't have a Facebook account, so implementing a private login or google login would be great.

and Mario, that's really cool that you joined 9s and are asking, that's way above and beyond what most game devs would do. Awesome.
Would all those who believe in telekinesis, please raise my hand.
Offlineuselessinfoguru
Webmaster
Webmaster
Hellfire Club
Intendant
Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes Player

Player Name: uselessinfoguru

Postby mafew1908 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:54 pm

Hi Mario,
really nice that you show up and give us some opportunity to maybe get a next experience and still share this with our beloved community.

What I liked:
- Skills on cards (own as well as enemies)
- two different event types (3 with Inferno)
- Special events 5-10 times a year
- special card projects like Meetatron or Devourer (gain only 1 or 2 per week, but need 52 / 500 to complete the whole project -> shouldn't be a project which needs more then 4-6months so)
- you can get T10 if you save resources for 3-5months (might need support of allies, though)
- really difficult challenge for experienced players: Insane

What I didn't like:
- unreliable & expensive sale. It's either more expensive and you can calculate or it is somehow way cheaper and it's pure luck then...
- too few cards in the end phase of the game
- no possibility to complete collections with old cards (even if they are not relevant for playing the game anymore)

What I missed:
- guild system
- crafting (has to be difficult / expensive, but should be possible. e.g. if you have 3 of a kind and want a 4th card to complete the set)
- build own double skill creature (again, might have to be limited or very, very expensive)
- maybe having two different modes (1 unlimited and one restricted: e.g. using only 1 card of the same kind) - with different rewards
Offlinemafew1908
Intendant
Intendant
HellMarys Player

Player Name: mafew1908

Postby mario.hitpoint » Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:54 pm

uselessinfoguru wrote:
and Mario, that's really cool that you joined 9s and are asking, that's way above and beyond what most game devs would do. Awesome.

It's my pleasure to be here! Thank you for the great feedback.

I'll be lurking the forum and visiting this thread constantly so feel free to add anything that you think of, we're eager to hear from fans of Hellfire and their passionate community.
Offlinemario.hitpoint
Game Official
Game Official
HellMarys Player

Player Name: Mario

Postby uselessinfoguru » Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:31 pm

Skills

Rewind - a skill that add seconds to the clock on a raid boss. Add turn counters to enemies during dungeon and normal missions.

Affliction - a skill that does damage every turn to enemies until they're dead

Attack - a skill that does damage to the enemies once.

Heal - a skill that restores HP

Skills can have a chance percentage of working with each orb thrown.
Skills can have a limit of the number of times they can go off for each creature per mission.
Would all those who believe in telekinesis, please raise my hand.
Offlineuselessinfoguru
Webmaster
Webmaster
Hellfire Club
Intendant

Player Name: uselessinfoguru

Postby jcmcalvin » Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:36 pm

Hi Mario I do like what has been done with hell Mary's. the artwork in hellfire was great. Hell Mary's is smoother. I like the raids and being able to assist that can be done via guilds. Guilds were pretty weak in Hellfire.

Special events would attract new people and updated cards as well. The flick action definite must. I have seen games like legendary that uses puzzles but not the same as flick.

Have to find a way not to be winner pays for best cards and everyone else suffers. Challenge there or the having to grind to upgrade with only real money.

I also like a good storyline like dark fantasy would be cool.

Feeding the cards cool maybe incorporate building up your summoner with stat boost and armor etc.

jcmcalvin
Offlinejcmcalvin
Trainee
Trainee

Player Name: jcmcalvin

Postby AppleMoose1984 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:38 pm

Hi Mario,

First of all big thanks for the opportunity that stands before us. I've been a gamer all my life, but it's rarely seen that developers make the time to actually sculp a game together with their players. I respect that a lot.

This is my second sunset of a game (Rage of Bahamut, now Hellfire) so it would be nice to step into a game that still has a 'longer' future. I've only played HF this last year, so my experience is far less expansive as some of the others, but i come with experience from RoB as well.

What i loved about HF:
- great variety of creatures and characters, but with story and lore to connect them to each other.
- easy gameplay but with enough depth (deck building, cards with skills)
- the skill system itself as guru said
- resources mainly came from playing the game, rather than from buying from the shop
- the ally system and how it created a bond between us (take each other on quests to give Event Points to one another) + the facecard system (skill of facecard also assisted in dungeons, so had a strategic side)
- great events with special cards (elite cards and Skull Key summons --> acquired through playing the event)
- the fact that every player, if he invests enough time could get a decent deck with legend cards, but still no way near a deck of players who are willing to dig deep (so balanced enough)

Room for improvement:
- complete overpower of skills on some cards (like Abaddon, Gatekeeper Rex)
- more rpg-style player evolution --> being rank 2000 or 200 didn't really mean anything other than respect, it would be nice if ranking up also granted bonuses (in RoB you got 3 points on rank up that you could invest in either more stamina, more attack power or more defense power)
- more elaborate statistics (how many raid bosses killed, how many times critical hit, how many dungeon floors conquered,...) --> rpg players love statistics :-)
- a proper 'guild' system where guilds can be created by players and others may join that guild. Within a guild there could be a system with 'roles' (e.g. attack leader who gets 25% more attack power). The guild can be leveled up (building a forge gives permanent stat boost to fire cards) through donations made by players (in the form of cards or other resources). And guilds can battle each other in specific event type.

There you have it. I hope it may be useful for you guys!
OfflineAppleMoose1984
HellMarys Player
HellMarys Player

Player Name: AppleMoose1984

Postby Misher » Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:33 pm

Hello guys.
I played hellfire for a year or more and
Now I play hellmarys.
HELLMARYS. Need this to be a hellfire 2.0
Creatures with skills (all)
Special events(like chests or some)
A prototype of skull keys summons
Doble skills (do it for special creatures or something)
A copy of inferno (1 day per event)
Add epics and legendary (now in hellmarys the max is uR)
A page for view future events and to players of hellmarys
More "graphics" in main screen (that is optional)
And finally,more participation for allies. For example:in hellfire allies gain a % of points in dungeon events
And now finally,add a gems (like diamonds and ruby and emeralds ) (you decide to quit. VS MEDALS)
And really finally,add guilds like the post of player in up of my post
Now finally really really ,add elite creatures with a x3 and x5 multiplier of stats. That is all
Good luck ,mario
OfflineMisher
Trainee
Trainee

Player Name: Misher

Postby Matik » Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:11 am

Good game :)
Create a castle ( use spirit stones as a guide). It's a repeatable castle played using castle tickets earned in the castle itself or as PvP rewards. If castle is 10 flrs every 2 flrs has a box with rewards.

For some reason I cannot evolve cards to stage 4, take a look into that please.
OfflineMatik
Apprentice
Apprentice

Player Name: Matik

Postby khandog63 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:39 am

I would like to see a lock feature for the cards so you don't accidentally feed away the ones that you want to keep
Offlinekhandog63
Intendant
Intendant
Hellfire Club
Donator

Player Name: khandog63

Postby wingangel011825 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:32 am

:PDT_003:

Hi, beside what were stated by previous HF fellow and the art(yep, art is for me, especially pretty female art). What keep me playing this game the most - The game with HUGE fan site. HF is one of those and here we are~~~ :PDT_003:

With this place we all share latest information, tips, tactic, how-to-play-and-get, gallery collection, making friends across countries.

Other game that keep me playing >3yrs are almost the same, Rage of Bahamut have its Wiki, and TES have Nexus and The Sims got many which provide even huge mods download for its last few games.

Other games for me are just lost and forgotten to time... :?:
Offlinewingangel011825
Trainee
Trainee

Player Name: wingangel011825

Postby h0n2a » Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:52 am

Hi Mario,

I very appreciate you asked. It is really rare for developers to ask players for their opinions.
But also a little warning :) Do not try to fulfill all our wishes - if you do, the game will be a mess with a lot of functions where everyone gets easily lost...
Sometimes less is more...
What I liked on HellFire was its clear, well arranged design.

But what I liked the most was the artwork of creatures. The look of the creatures was some kind of real.
In Hell Marys, the artwork is also very beautiful, but is more comic - and even if I like comic, I liked the artwork from HF more :).

Must have features from HF:
- events - different types (raid boss, dungeon, inferno, or whatever else)
- progress rewards during events
- elite creatures
- new content (new cards) every week
- skills (for rare+ cards and also enemies)
- possibility to lock creatures which I want to keep
- possibility to get more card slots (as a rare reward)
- if you spent in game a reasonable amount of time, you was able to get enough resources to play the game with almost no limitations

Some other very good features from HF:
- cards like vortex invader or nova, which can be evolved beyond level 4
- special chests with rich rewards
- daily rewards
- ally system

Some features I missed:
- link between card collection and cards I owe - if you have a lot of cards, it is very hard to remember all of them. It would be very helpful to show if the new card is already in the collection and eventually in what evolution level...
- statistics
- achievements

And one suggestion at the end - make some update to the game as soon as possible - in google play, when you see that the last update was more then a year ago, you will think it is a dead game...

I look forward to see all the improvements in Hell Marys.
I have an account in the game from its beginning, but I was not able to play it often - I had no time to play two games simultaneously.
I really hope Hell Marys will be honorable successor of HellFire now, when it was abandoned.
If so, I promise I will be playing Hell Marys with the same effort as HellFire for the four recent years :)
Offlineh0n2a
Trainee
Trainee

Player Name: h0n2a

Postby EmDeeNZ » Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:57 am

hi and welcome Mario
most definately skills on cards is for me a must - and i love dungeons - raids got too much work used too many resources and i want a game i can enjoy - play hard when i can and be rewarded for that time with a nice card or something - being female, cards with boobs doesnt do it for me lol - i love the art and look forward to hellmarys being fine tuned some ;)

Im not into pvp so much - unless its pretty well balanced and the player skill is the winner not the 17 levels above u person with the hammer beating the newbies to a pulp and stops them playing or being interested.

lastly i am hoping i can stop being 'Gamer with letters and numbers' and use my username without using facebook - i will never NEVER play a game through facebook nor have it on my phone - i am a tad private for that so i hope to change name ingame somehow so its meee

Thanks for the opportunity and as one of the admins here, if i can help in any way, please let me know. You are in for a hell of a ride - hf players are very passionate about the game even tho we love to hate it
Em
The way we speak to our children (and others) becomes their "inner voice" so choose your words wisely.
Original Art NZ
OfflineEmDeeNZ
Administrator
Administrator
Hellfire Club
Donator
EmDeeNZPowaaaaaaa
Legend Game of Heroes Player

Player Name: hellmarys = gamer with numbers sigh

Postby jrpriebe » Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:28 am

Played HF for just short of three years and played Hell Marys for about 24 hours.

What I have seen so far:
- I actually enjoy the PVP. It isn't well described, but I do like that there is a revenge button at half the cost. And if you defend you get rewarded (I knew none of this until it happened to me).
- I like the Army idea in PVP, but again difficult to understand how you replace captured units until it happens.
- I love the multiple floating bosses, thought HF should have done this forever ago

HF features I enjoyed that HM is lacking:
-Skills; this was not only a feature for player cards but for dungeon bosses. This would be great to get back and interesting in PVP
-Events; Raids and another option are important.
-Lock feature - a must for protecting your cards
-Multiple decks - I don't need twenty. But i would like one for each element
-Monthly membership/small resource packs - don't mind paying to support the game, but $3-$5 should be sufficient.

Things I would like:
-I would love a monthly login bonus to keep players (SR or UR at S1 for each week?)
-ally play a role in all events
-I like the idea of the screen becoming slowly tinged in red as you take damage making it more difficult

Just my thoughts
August 13th @ 7:06pm
"[UPDATE]
If you haven't updated your Hellfire client, please don't do it yet."
Thanks." - DeNA
Offlinejrpriebe
Webmaster
Webmaster
Hellfire Club

Player Name: jrpriebe

Postby EmDeeNZ » Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:09 pm

guys can you all spread this topic thru your hellfire player groups - i have sent to a few but may have missed some - see if there is interest in it out there
Thanks Em <3
The way we speak to our children (and others) becomes their "inner voice" so choose your words wisely.
Original Art NZ
OfflineEmDeeNZ
Administrator
Administrator
Hellfire Club
Donator
EmDeeNZPowaaaaaaa
Legend Game of Heroes Player

Player Name: hellmarys = gamer with numbers sigh

Postby Wrathghar » Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:51 pm

There are a lot of things I enjoyed about HellFire, but as many have already stated, the comraderie in team events was the biggest draw!

I actually played Hell Mary for a couple months when it first came out, but then drifted back to HF for the team aspects.
Is there any way to recover my old Hell Mary account?
Wrathghar/James
OfflineWrathghar
No Luck Brotherhood
No Luck Brotherhood
Hellfire Club
Donator
HellMarys Player

Player Name: wrathghar

Postby khandog63 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:50 pm

I am missing playing the dungeon events but would not like it to be a clone of hellfire, this might be a bit late but have the novice equivalent only 8 floors/stages, 2 of each affinity, 5 levels per stage, the expert equivalent have 12 floors/stages, 3 of each affinity, and the master equivalent have 16 floors/stages, 2 of each affinity twice ( 2 earth, 2 ice, 2 fire, 2 metal, 2 earth, 2 ice, 2 fire, 2 metal) and instead of illusionary have boss with minions. You have probably already started something similar but I wanted to put my 2 cents worth in.
Offlinekhandog63
Intendant
Intendant
Hellfire Club
Donator

Player Name: khandog63

Postby Retudin » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:46 am

To start, I don't hope HM becomes HF2 , 'steal' whatever you want, but try to get great origional ideas is. I haven't tried pvp so it might be great or awfull, but that kind of 'difference' for me is the main incentive to try 'your' game

Good things about hellfre:

1/ Different decks are best at different times, this is the top 1 thing that made the game interesting, hellfire used a lot of interacking features for it:
- colors
- elites
- skills
- different event types that favoured different card types
2/ Weak guilds
I don't like games where guilds are almost mandatory; HF could be played for years without being an active part of a community; but still the small incentive was enough to make communities usefull, and almost mandatory for top players.
3/ No social media needed for login
I wont start a HM account as long as it requires facebook.
4/ utilities
- locking cards
- easily switching decks
- mass summoning and feeding
And of course a good source of information i.e. this site. :lol2:

Less good things:
- Over evolved skills: I liked hellfire more when it was awesome to have a card that damaged 3 opponents, at the end all good offensive cards had skills that affected all opponents.
- Events should have more peak moments: They turned out to be a week of grinding points, where (in raid events) almost everyone could easily secure self-scouted bossses. I would have liked them more if:
- ..there were peak moments like the legendary hours they had long ago i.s.o. legendary weekend.
- ..in the raid event, there was more fighting over bosses, like giving the top2/top3 damage dealers the better reward, instead of top1 (in practice, only the scout).
OfflineRetudin
Apprentice
Apprentice

Player Name: Retudin

Postby jal75230 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:36 pm

Hello. Mario
I loved every thing about HF. The grafics dungeons raid bosses.Think the only thing I didn't like
was the capture rate of cards using regular seals. I was wondering if by some odd chance your
company Critical Hit studios could try to buy HF I admit I don't know how that stuff works but just
a thought. Thanks for asking us about HF no other game developers would do that I doubt.
Offlinejal75230
Trainee
Trainee

Player Name: jal75230

Postby Osoterp » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:51 am

I think most everyone here has covered a lot of the wants from the Hellfire game which we've asked and pleaded for over the years.
I have to say, I've been having fun with the current event you're running. I like going up against other players and I've gotten some good cards from some of them.
OfflineOsoterp
Apprentice
Apprentice

Player Name: Osoterp

Next