.::-[•  Hell Marys Fan WebSite  •]-::.

NineSages Community

The Only and Largest Online Forum for Many Games

* Ways To Take Screenshots

Here you'll find guides, tips, and tutorials authored by our forum members for Deck Building & Strategies, Raid Boss & Dungeon Events, etc...

Moderator: Intendants

* Ways To Take Screenshots

Postby Corwin9s » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:39 pm

Useful to take screenshots to be able to share what's on your screen...

Here are some ways and details on HowTo do this :

a) On Android

b) On iPhone

Leave your comments, details, tips, experiments,...

To add a picture to any message, while you are doing a post (or editing one), click on "add a picture by Uploadind to Tinypic" (under the submit button) than select your picture, press upload and after "add to the post" (under your uploaded screen preview).
OfflineCorwin9s
Great Summoner
Great Summoner
Hellfire Club
Webmaster
Donator
No Luck Brotherhood
HellMarys Player
Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes Player
Battlestar Galactica Player

Player Name: Corwin9s

Re: Ways To Take Screenshots

a) On Android

4 methods to make a screen shot on Android.

Method 1: The Simple Easy Way

Ok, the simplest and easiest way to capture a screenshot on your Android phone or tablet is by using the shortcuts built in to the device by the manufacturer. This don't need your mobile to be rooted.

This is not to say that all Android phones and tablets have a built in shortcut for Android screen capture, but many do.

For example, on many Samsung Android devices, including the Galaxy Note and Galaxy S II (pre-Ice Cream Sandwich versions), you can press the Home and Power buttons at the same time to take a screenshot – in practice, you’ll press and hold the Home button, then quickly press the Power button. On the Galaxy S, press and hold the Back button and the Power button, or try pressing the Back button and double-tapping the Home button.

Try pressing a combination of buttons for example:

• Press the power button with the home button for about 1 second
• Press the power button and the volume up (or volume down button) for about 1 second
• Press the menu and home button
• Or any combination of buttons

If you here a camera ‘click’ or your screen flashes great! You should now have a screen shot saved in your gallery, which depends on your mobile.

Some devices :
  • Samsung I9100 (Galaxy S2) // Android 4.0.4 = the power button and home button for about 1 second
  • Galaxy S, press and hold the Back button and the Power button
  • Galaxy S, try pressing the Back button and double-tapping the Home button
  • Galaxy Note and Galaxy S II (pre-Ice Cream Sandwich versions) = press the Home and Power buttons at the same time (press and hold the Home button, then quickly press the Power button)
  • Galaxy Note : 1:Power and home button
  • Galaxy Note : 2:Press and hold stylus on screen (easiest)
  • Galaxy Note : 3:Palm swipe over screen (takes a lot of practice!)
  • HTC Amaze (not ICS) : Power and home button
  • Samsung Galaxy S3 : Power and home button
  • Sony Xperia U: Power button and Volume Down button for about 2 seconds (together)
  • Nexus 7: same

On Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
If you’re using Android 4.0 or later, this is easy. Just press and hold the Volume Down and Power buttons at the same time. You’ll see an animation on the screen, indicating that the screenshot was saved. Android will save the screenshot to your Gallery. Launch the Gallery app and tap Screenshots to view and share your screenshots.

And more, many ICS ROMS have an option to put a “capture screenshot” entry on the power off menu.

Method 2: Android Screenshot App

There are simply tons of Android Screen shot apps available on the Android market, but favorites have to be:

As the names suggests the app are free, and it allows you to create a shortcut to capture screenshots. For example you can set it up so that a screen capture is taken when you shake your device.

You may find some more, even free and paid. Here a listing of free apps : Free Screenshot apps on Google Play

You may need your mobile to be rooted.

Why a rooted device is mostly required ?
Android doesn’t allow apps to view your device’s screen – this could be a security problem. For example, a malicious app could spy on your online banking sessions. There’s no permission apps can request to take screenshots. To give an app permission to view your screen, you’ll need to root your Android.

Method 3: Taking Screen shots with "MyPhoneExplorer"

If all else fails to work you can always try this way, but it would mean you would need a PC each time you wanted to create a screen shot on Android

1. First, download the free software "MyPhoneExplorer" : http://www.fjsoft.at/en/
  2. On your phone, install the "MyPhoneExplorer" client from the Google Playstore : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fjsoft.myphoneexplorer.client
  3. When installed, connect your mobile to your PC with the USB cable, bluetooth or WiFi.
  4. in MyPhoneExplorer, on your PC : Extras >> Phone Keypad

This don't need your mobile to be rooted.

Method 4: Taking Screen shots with "AirDroid"

AirDroid is an awesome free app also supports screenshots on rooted devices. You can take screenshots wirelessly via your web browser. AirDroid can control many other aspects of your device from a browser, too. On Google Playstore : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sand.airdroid.

Look here for the video guide : http://www.google.com/url?q=http://youtu.be/WfNnQxpw7Uw.

OfflineCorwin9s
Great Summoner
Great Summoner
Hellfire Club
Webmaster
Donator
No Luck Brotherhood
HellMarys Player

b) On iPhone

To take a screenshot with your iPhone or iPod Touch, just press the Home and on/off/sleep buttons at the same time. The screen will flash white or/and you'll get the camera shutter sound, and your screen will be captured.

To access your screenshots go to Photos and on the iPhone, look in Camera Roll, while on the iPod Touch, check out Saved Photos.
OfflineCorwin9s
Great Summoner
Great Summoner
Hellfire Club
Webmaster
Donator
No Luck Brotherhood
HellMarys Player

Postby R.I.P_PS3 » Mon May 27, 2013 10:36 pm

Hello corwin9s, for a long time now I've been wanting to learn how to take a snapshot, I own a 7.0 samsung galaxy tab 2, and after so many failures thank you for all the information, I I was finally able to do it, now I know how to snap a picture, all I did was press down on the power button and press down on the volume button for a half a second and BAM it worked. Thanks again for showing us the way forward.
OfflineR.I.P_PS3
Trainee
Trainee

Player Name: sexyrose523

Re: * Ways To Take Screenshots

Postby boyetvalte » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:40 am

Was finally able to figure out taking a screenshot. Now I'm having difficulty posting it. Tried uploading a snapshot but nothing happened. Do i need to create an account in tinypic first?

Edit: Got it :D
Last edited by boyetvalte on Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Offlineboyetvalte
Apprentice
Apprentice

Player Name: boyetvalte

Postby kutterkoeter666 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:47 am

boyetvalte wrote:Was finally able to figure out taking a screenshot. Now I'm having difficulty posting it. Tried uploading a snapshot but nothing happened. Do i need to create an account in tinypic first?

I had some problems with TinyPic too. I think there is a checkbox which you had to check that the image is insterted automatically in your post.
Well I'm using http://photobucket.com to upload my pics (with account). But now I have a control over my posted pics ;)

Oh, by the way: I'm taking screenshots on my Samsung Galaxy S3 this way:
You have to put your upright hand on the left or right side of the display. Then move it to the other side. But you have to be shure that this didn't press a button ;)
Offlinekutterkoeter666
Hellfire Club
Hellfire Club
Donator

Player Name: kutterkoeter666

Postby Corwin9s » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:22 am

kutterkoeter666 wrote:
boyetvalte wrote:Was finally able to figure out taking a screenshot. Now I'm having difficulty posting it. Tried uploading a snapshot but nothing happened. Do i need to create an account in tinypic first?

I had some problems with TinyPic too. I think there is a checkbox which you had to check that the image is insterted automatically in your post.
Well I'm using http://photobucket.com to upload my pics (with account). But now I have a control over my posted pics ;)

No need to create an account with TinyPic. If you got one, you can manage your pictures.

with TinyPic, you have to
1. choose the "Add picture by Uploading To TinyPic" tab
2. select your picture
3. type is "image" (or "picture")
4. no need to insert Tags
5. no need to select something for Resize
6. click on "UPLOAD NOW"

When picture is uploaded, you got "Success" word upon the picture.
Then go down with the vertical scroll
Click the button "Add To Post" for adding to the post the link and the IMG tag. Or copy/paste the code which is in the field.

nb: to upload many pictures, simply add first picture to post, then click Preview button and come here again.
OfflineCorwin9s
Great Summoner
Great Summoner
Hellfire Club
Webmaster
Donator
No Luck Brotherhood
HellMarys Player

Postby lili_marlene » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:04 am

Some devices :
•Samsung I9100 (Galaxy S2) // Android 4.0.4 = the power button and home button for about 1 second
•Galaxy S, press and hold the Back button and the Power button
•Galaxy S, try pressing the Back button and double-tapping the Home button
•Galaxy Note and Galaxy S II (pre-Ice Cream Sandwich versions) = press the Home and Power buttons at the same time (press and hold the Home button, then quickly press the Power button)
•Galaxy Note : 1:Power and home button
•Galaxy Note : 2:Press and hold stylus on screen (easiest)
•Galaxy Note : 3:Palm swipe over screen (takes a lot of practice!)
•HTC Amaze (not ICS) : Power and home button
•Samsung Galaxy S3 : Power and home button

- Sony Xperia U: Power button and Volume Down button for about 2 seconds (together)
- Nexus 7: same

greetings
IGN: LaReineMargot :)
Offlinelili_marlene
Menestrel
Menestrel

Player Name: LaReineMargot

Postby Corwin9s » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:24 am

thanks lili_marlene. Post updated
OfflineCorwin9s
Great Summoner
Great Summoner
Hellfire Club
Webmaster
Donator
No Luck Brotherhood
HellMarys Player

Postby g0estoeleven » Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:08 pm

I recently discovered that if you sign up for and post to the forum via tapatalk ID, you can paste photos directly into the post. They make it much easier than going through an external site like tinypic -- but that way still works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Offlineg0estoeleven
Intendant
Intendant
Hellfire Club
Donator

Player Name: g0estoeleven