.::-[•  Hell Marys Fan WebSite  •]-::.

NineSages Community

The Only and Largest Online Forum for Many Games

Mr. Monk detective novels by Lee Goldberg

What are you reading currently, and what do you enjoy reading? Share with the community your favorite books. Please a thread per book/series

Moderator: Intendants

Forum rules
If you want to talk about a particular book or series, make a dedicated thread for it. If you want to add spoilers, please add the bbcode for hidden text. Don't hesitate to add front pictures of books. Don't post offending books !

Mr. Monk detective novels by Lee Goldberg

Postby madmaxrage » Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:30 pm

This is a series of original stories featuring Adrian Monk, from the cable tv show about a detective with germophobia, o.c.d. and numerous other hangups. For those who enjoyed the show these are not to be missed. There were about 15 of them written by Goldberg and all the ones I read were pretty darn funny. They're all in the 280 page neighborhood and you can't do better for light reading really.

My only criticism would be that you get certain explanatory phrases repeated several times, and also that after a half dozen books or so they started reading kind of the same. What this means though is you can choose those books from the series that jump out at you and skip the rest. Mr. Monk Is Miserable is one I'd especially recommend.
Offlinemadmaxrage
Trainee
Trainee

Player Name: LeisureSuitMary