.::-[•  Hell Marys Fan WebSite  •]-::.

NineSages Community

The Only and Largest Online Forum for Many Games

[RAID BOSS] event: "call for help"

Are you angry? frustrated? You just want to scream? This is the place to let it all out.

Moderator: Intendants

[RAID BOSS] event: "call for help"

Postby MarcoB84 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:58 pm

Hello to all.
I do not know if this is a topic already discussed in another thread. In case, I apologize to moderators in advance and ask them to let me present this and I will write in the thread that already exists.
I would like to highlight an issue relating to the "raid boss" events.
In my opinion, in order to improve the game experience and the competitiveness, it is important to exclude the Top 50 ranked the possibility to participate to the legendary boss of others.
There are essentially two reasons:
1 . the top 50 players do not participate. These players need to do million of points, not thousands. They doesn't need to receive 40000-60000 points.
For this reason, they will never spend a small battle potion to help other players making the "call for help" function useless with them.
2 . they participate. In this case, they will use their battle potions for "steal" the boss to others.
For the reasons above, the function "call for help" with these players is useless because they not participate (and thus do not help) or they participate for to steal it.
I find it rather unfair that a player spends money on battle potion or energy, he uses 9 or more potions for a boss and then a top 50 player with half of the potions steals it.
In addition, this greatly reduces the competitiveness in the game, creating a huge points difference between the first 50-70 positions and the rest of the players.
What do you think ?

Thanks
OfflineMarcoB84
Trainee
Trainee

Player Name: marcob84

Re: [RAID BOSS] event: "call for help"

Postby boyetvalte » Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:39 pm

Pardon me, but how do you think will they be able to get participation on their LBs if they will be excluded? I understand that it is frustrating to have an mvp stolen from you, being a competition that possibility is an inherent risk and is in fact a nature of the event. Excluding them would be unfair to them as well. That being said, it is now up to us to take measures to prevent that from happening. I recommend you take into consideration the damage being dealt by other players and ensure we exceed these damages before we send it out. The participant list now automatically list from highest damage to lowest so it is easier to identify potential threat and take action by throwing additional attack. If we are able to do both and still the boss is stolen, we can say we did our best and move on. Failing to do so however squarely puts the blame on us because we failed to manage that MVP properly.
Offlineboyetvalte
Apprentice
Apprentice

Player Name: boyetvalte

Postby pureheartbear » Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:49 pm

A request of help comes from players who are active and ranging from high to low level player rank. It's not just top 50 that you have to worry about stealing your LB 100's, especially with the introduction of uncommon elites from Silver and Gold coins. Plus there are high ranked players in events who do tag 100's. I do occasionally tag 100's to get food for my elites and I do help requests from allies who I get their LB's...

Even at my place of near 100, there is over 1 million difference from me and 5 places up.

There are 100's that get scouted where the scout doesn't do much damage and sends it out... in that case it's fair game. It wouldn't be fair to exclude top players as they should have just as much chance at those as others.

It sounds like you want a safe way to get MVP and that's just not possible, and not apart of the game and what MVP means. If you are a lower ranked player with a weaker that scouts a LB if you want a mvp you better send it out with enough damage to win it. At this point I would say at least 50million damage. Plus with the introduction of the Rewind Skill it opens the game to anyone that gets silver. All you need is at least four rewinds and a bunch of elites and you can do huge amounts of damage.

You talk about players paying for BE and energy pots, and yes there are players who do so... but Raids are unlike dungeons where you can rank without spending money. Granted it will take more BE but it is possible. A month ago a player got into t10 without spending any money, so its possible to do... Obviously with the limit of stacked bosses it will take longer to build your BE but its still possible.

Whether we want to admit it or not, this game exists to make money... and the money spent on these things help get the game going so that you and others can play for "free"...
Check out my Newsletter Blog:
http://hellfirenewsletter.wordpress.com/
Offlinepureheartbear
Menestrel
Menestrel
Hellfire Club

Player Name: pureheartbear

Postby petrkail » Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:13 pm

Yea, I agree with guys and still understand your frustration. In all previous raids, I was just tagging LB to get silvers. When I scouted one, I was tempted to go for MVP. Time to time I didn't resist the temptation and tried that. Did like 2x3BE to reach ~15m, called for help and continued with 3BE fights. What do you think that happened? With like 5x3BE I was able to reach close to 40m, while some guy came and did 50m in 1 or 2 attacks. Terrible. Lessons learned: build gap big enough. Next attempt - did 5x3BE to reach 40m and was looking constantly at attackers, such as if someone exceeds 5m, I go on with 3BE fights. Guess what. After I finished my initial 5x3BE, there was already only like 12min on the timer and as you probably know, the beginning is very slow and cautious people are reluctant to participate in fights unless they are sure they will be finished. So, the boss timed out. Lessons learned: I'll stick to tagging, unless I spent resources to build competitive decks.

This time I am trying to rank for my first time (rank 29 atm). I built a deck capable of doing 25-30m on 3be (playing for free btw). And what do you think that happened? I am sitting here for 3 hours and not a single spawned LB 100. So I have no other option than stealing. Besides, it's fun and thrilling. Not that much fun, when snackeater4u comes and does 50m stealing boss you wanted to steal :) But well, it's a game.

So even though it may sound inappropriate (while from the newcomer), I would suggest to stick to tagging, unless you are able to do at least 10m and then you need quite a lot of luck to find the balance between calling for help too soon and too late.
Offlinepetrkail
Trainee
Trainee

Player Name: petrkail

Postby MarcoB84 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:08 pm

Ok, honestly I'm not agree with all your comments... but I understand your point of view, so thanks for your replies.
OfflineMarcoB84
Trainee
Trainee

Player Name: marcob84

Postby lili_marlene » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:48 pm

petrkail wrote:Yea, I agree with guys and still understand your frustration. In all previous raids, I was just tagging LB to get silvers. When I scouted one, I was tempted to go for MVP. Time to time I didn't resist the temptation and tried that. Did like 2x3BE to reach ~15m, called for help and continued with 3BE fights. What do you think that happened? With like 5x3BE I was able to reach close to 40m, while some guy came and did 50m in 1 or 2 attacks. Terrible. Lessons learned: build gap big enough. Next attempt - did 5x3BE to reach 40m and was looking constantly at attackers, such as if someone exceeds 5m, I go on with 3BE fights. Guess what. After I finished my initial 5x3BE, there was already only like 12min on the timer and as you probably know, the beginning is very slow and cautious people are reluctant to participate in fights unless they are sure they will be finished. So, the boss timed out. Lessons learned: I'll stick to tagging, unless I spent resources to build competitive decks.

This time I am trying to rank for my first time (rank 29 atm). I built a deck capable of doing 25-30m on 3be (playing for free btw). And what do you think that happened? I am sitting here for 3 hours and not a single spawned LB 100. So I have no other option than stealing. Besides, it's fun and thrilling. Not that much fun, when snackeater4u comes and does 50m stealing boss you wanted to steal :) But well, it's a game.

So even though it may sound inappropriate (while from the newcomer), I would suggest to stick to tagging, unless you are able to do at least 10m and then you need quite a lot of luck to find the balance between calling for help too soon and too late.

The more damage scout MVP does to LB 100, the smaller chance he has for 100 ppl joining the party, which means - smaller amount of event points. Where's the balance? Nobody knows.
IGN: LaReineMargot :)
Offlinelili_marlene
Menestrel
Menestrel

Player Name: LaReineMargot

Postby beefedyabbi » Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:05 am

Indeed currently the only defence against steal is to do >50% damage. Currently that is ~77mil (154m / 2)

If the event Elite is good, you can level enough elite (I usually do 3) to do ~40m damage in 1 x 3 hits cycle.

If spawns is bad, hit another one first before releasing it
Always aim to release so that if you need to hit once more. you can reach >50% in the next cycle.

Calculate whether or not it is still a benefit.
If it takes you 3 x 3 hits, it still fine to get just the MVP. (Gold-wise and point-wise, not bodies-wise)

If it takes you 5 x 3 hits... maybe not.... forget this event, hit 1 orb and release your legendary and watch stealers fight over it.

as long as the stealer is screwed over, they have effectively used 3 pots or 6 pots or MORE to get stuff all. It will teach them to not to risk it soon enough. You unfortunately can't stop the top guys who'd do 70-90mil in one hit. bad luck.

This latest event 4 stealers have been screwed over. #!%? yea.

Of course mobage can think of some way to counter this, it is up to them to bring some justice to the game.
e.g. give the priority to the scout + change the MVP limit to be porportional to the scout's rank. with the option of "release".
i.e. if the scout wants MVP they should be allowed to have it by spending a fix X orbs.
but if they can't afford mvp, they can always 'release' it back to normal rules.

Another change possible would be, only the scout gets to see the list of attackers. doesn't prevent it but still discourages steal because you can't see if #1-#100 already joined in.
Offlinebeefedyabbi
Trainee
Trainee

Player Name: fatbeefyab