.::-[•  Hell Marys Fan WebSite  •]-::.

NineSages Community

The Only and Largest Online Forum for Many Games

An embarrassing warning to those who P2P

Are you angry? frustrated? You just want to scream? This is the place to let it all out.

Moderator: Intendants

An embarrassing warning to those who P2P

Postby vigilanthiphop » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:12 pm

Hello everyone,

Before I go any further I just want to say this post is meaningless to you unless you pay to play or plan to. This is a what to expect post if you are hacked or there is a data slip up somewhere and you are trying to resolve it via Hellfires / mobages customer support.

In the start of October I was hacked. Super rares I had been saving to evolve were missing, reinforcements to level them were missing etc. The person that hacked my account took tons of super rares and used them to level up other cards. My device was being accessed Via PC. From my understanding he was recording convos and all sorts of things without me knowing. I happend to live just close enough for him to do so while running through my WiFi.

Back on topic, I reach out to hellfire via email. Was 7 days until I got a response instead of automated messages. Chad was my responder and apparently the supervisor. He said he looked at my account its fine to bad more or less. So I sent a message on Facebook, no response. Then I wrote a post on they're wall and it was instantly deleted and I was blocked from being able to post or even like. All I can to this day do is share.

Then I receive a Facebook message from an admin nammed Alex, he was very polite and said he would pass the issue along. (For the record my Facebook post was just like this, 0 profanity 0 advertisements just a warning)

My request was simple, I was missing so many super rares that I selected just a few I knew I had to rebuild my deck. The messages I got on Facebook and from other members of they're customer support all though slow were hope full that they were going to honor the whole 7 cards I asked for with some reinforcements to pick up the pieces and continue my gameplay.

Days pass and I grow frustrated all this while I'm talking to automated messages from Oct 8th until these last few days. I kept paying and I will post some screens that are embarrassing but truth. I pay a lot when I played. I started playing in march 2013.

Now being that I paid so much was level 119 and only placed 2 times or so in top 300 on leaderboards its obvious my money went to building a strong deck with each element set.

Recently got the conformation that its to bad what happens but they see nothing on they're end yet they refuse to give me proof or a data print out that they even looked into it. 4 replies in 1 month, 2 from someone who could but won't fix the problem and 2 saying they are escalating the issue. Below are screens I can share but there are some I cannot as I am in the middle of filing a lawsuit and do not want these liars / thieves to have time to prepare for the evidence of my data etc. But you will see below how it was handled. How shady they are and sadly what kind of paying customer I was. Also you will see that Google did they're research and see what they did for me knowing mobage was full of it after I sent them screens.
Offlinevigilanthiphop
Trainee
Trainee

Player Name: jàmesschmidt82

Re: An embarrassing warning to those who P2P

Postby vigilanthiphop » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:14 pm

Offlinevigilanthiphop
Trainee
Trainee

Postby vigilanthiphop » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:16 pm

Offlinevigilanthiphop
Trainee
Trainee

Postby vigilanthiphop » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:17 pm

Offlinevigilanthiphop
Trainee
Trainee

Postby vigilanthiphop » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:18 pm

Offlinevigilanthiphop
Trainee
Trainee

Postby vigilanthiphop » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:21 pm

Offlinevigilanthiphop
Trainee
Trainee

Postby vigilanthiphop » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:25 pm

Sorry I had to space the pics for some reason it wouldn't let me put them together. I'd love to share more screen shots and apparently "chad" himself is multiple agents as he is the only one that supposly looked into the issue. Just saying be careful with them.
Offlinevigilanthiphop
Trainee
Trainee

Postby smartprotect2nd » Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:22 pm

We all already know what their customer support is like, and their lame automatic responses. There are a few exceptions to the case of course, but they too are limited in what they can do to help the player base. To be fair to them, I have seen cases where they have amicably resolved some issues that we face, but these are still few and far between.
So I assumed you were sharing your password with someone over the net and you were being tracked over your own Wifi? Aren't they not obliged to refund you your cards or in-game items that were lost due to a security lapse on your part? Unless it's a security lapse on their part where your login information was tracked while you were logging in in-game.
IIRC I saw your posts on the HF FB page, and honestly, the cards and SRs you were trying to retrieve from them are not even worth fighting over for, unless you are collecting them just for the art. Secondly, sadly, ranking 2 times or so in top 300 with what you paid is not efficient use of your mobacoins.
It is extremely frustrating for us payers when we have laid out so much and be treated like what you experienced, and incurred a 'loss' on our investment, whether directly or indirectly. I don't know how much you had spent in total on this degenerating game and where you are now with your lawsuit (if you're really going on that route), but I can only advise you to cut your loss and drop your case. All of us have also endured similar mistreatment, whether as a result of changes to game mechanics, technical issues or other failings and I'm sure many who had spent much more than you have already left, and more will do so with this new event.
Regardless, hope your issue with them ends up well, and let this also be a warning to new players who intend to start paying to play or pay more.
Offlinesmartprotect2nd
Apprentice
Apprentice

Player Name: smartprotect2nd

Postby vigilanthiphop » Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:00 pm

That was my point to them, I was using all my coins on decks alone and then I was going to start shooting for higher ranks in events. The cards I asked for were -

1 Freya
2 queen of thorn
1 tierra the eternal
3 Cerberus

Reason those cards specifically is because that was more or less some of the super rares I had left to build off of. (That was me saying if a full data backup is to hard or to much can I at least have these back.)

My app has been deleted for some time now but while browsing new apps yesterday and forums I saw nothing but bad about them with this new event. Sounds like they are forcing people more or less to pay and took away perks like farming BE? I don't know that's just what I took from it I haven't had the app or logged in awhile now.

As far as how I was hacked you make a good point. Sharing passwords? No, WiFi protection, yes. Neighborhood guy that knew how and what to do, yes. My WiFi could have been better protected though. Now it is but just like everything else to little to late.

I see how me spending what I spent could frustrate other players but look at the plus side, I wasn't throwing cash at events non stop taking ranks from people who had less than me. Poor use of coin absolutely. I just had a plan and stuck to it.

Should I be treated any different than a customer who spent 99 cents. Nope and didn't expect to be. Because it was a security breech on my end was I patient and polite while awaiting help? Absolutely. Oct 1st was when the very first email went out. Between then and today Oct 30th I received 2 escalated emails and my response from chad yesterday saying to bad. So average in 1 response a week over the month in they're (usually 24) hour period.

The fact that I spent so much really was my own fault and pure stupidity on my end. Bills are paid, have the toys I want and I'm fortunate enough to be in a more than comfortable job position.

Everything with the lawsuit is going to be a long drawn out process as I'm sure most are? Don't know I've never taken anyone to court before, but it already seems that way. I am just going to keep on it being truthful because I'm pissed and there is no other way to get them back for treating not just me but it seems everyone like trash should there be an issue.
Offlinevigilanthiphop
Trainee
Trainee

Postby vigilanthiphop » Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:17 pm

Fun fact - 50%+ of googles support system day is based around mobage titles in both hardware and wallet departments.

Sad fact. The refund I got for the month of October doesn't come from mobages pocket, comes from googles. I mean they're Google so its not like mobage will bankrupt them but it would be nice to know mobage had to Pay back. If they were forced to do so maybe they would care about they're consumers.

I used to be a GM at a best buy years ago and looked at it like this.

Customer complains, its the first time in 7-8 months since they started paying monthly for our services. The cost to fix the issue and keep the customer is 0.00$. Customer stays happy and continues to pay.

Mobage however says... hell yea looks like you better start rebuying Those decks!!! The amount of greed from them and care less attitude is what really pushed the envelope for a lawsuit. I'm already invested so there's no cutting my loss now. If anything I'll make a pebble sized splash in they're day to day and hopefully piss at least 1 of the people with this mentality off.
Offlinevigilanthiphop
Trainee
Trainee