.::-[•  Hell Marys Fan WebSite  •]-::.

NineSages Community

The Only and Largest Online Forum for Many Games

[RANT] Samurai Skirmish MVP theft

Are you angry? frustrated? You just want to scream? This is the place to let it all out.

Moderator: Intendants

[RANT] Samurai Skirmish MVP theft

Postby locksley » Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:12 pm

Hi.

This is a personal "love letter" to player Lifesreaper21.
I do not know if he does read this forum or not, nor does it matter anyway.

He just stole me a third legendary lv 100 boss (the only three ones I lost this event were to him). I'm by no means a power player, but I'm not a noob nevertheless.
I'm ranked right now 125, no money spent and no EP banked from previous events, so I consider myself an above-average player.

He, and he alone, ruined all hope for me to reach Top 100 this event, which would have been quite a feat given the lack of common rare elites and the looong legendary weekend, things that, imho, favours heavily paying players.

So I just want to say him "-FXXX YOU MAN".
I deeply hope you burn slowly in the deepest "hell-fire" with all my heart.

</rant>

L
Offlinelocksley
Menestrel
Menestrel

Player Name: lokkenjp

Re: [CURRENT] Samurai Skirmish

Postby erjtheman » Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:22 pm

locksley wrote:Hi.

He just stole me a third legendary lv 100 boss (the only three ones I lost this event were to him). I'm by no means a power player, but I'm not a noob nevertheless.
I'm ranked right now 125, no money spent and no EP banked from previous events, so I consider myself an above-average player.

He, and he alone, ruined all hope for me to reach Top 100 this event, which would have been quite a feat given the lack of common rare elites and the looong legendary weekend, things that, imho, favours heavily paying players.

</rant>

L

Really Bro, u are going to get this mad at a player trying to get top 10. The rule of top 10 is steal whatever u can, and he is a paying player and s**t happens, its just the premise of the game, if u don't like it spend money to rank higher, farm more till u can compete top ranks, or switch games.
Offlineerjtheman
Trainee
Trainee

Player Name: erjtheman

Postby smartprotect2nd » Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:56 pm

</rant>

L

Hi.
Your rant itself has already proven that you are not an above-average player.
Please think thrice in the future before pushing all the fault and blame to those who steal your MVPs. We too have our fair share of losing MVPs.
Offlinesmartprotect2nd
Apprentice
Apprentice

Player Name: smartprotect2nd

Postby shortkeeper » Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:58 pm

erjtheman wrote:Really Bro, u are going to get this mad at a player trying to get top 10. The rule of top 10 is steal whatever u can, and he is a paying player and s**t happens, its just the premise of the game, if u don't like it spend money to rank higher, farm more till u can compete top ranks, or switch games.

Top 10 does NOT equal that. It might make it easier for the person that spent lots of money on tiers to do so rather than looking at other options but it isn't the only way to make it there.

I did spend money on tiers, I did do insane amount of damage for that brief period. In that instance I decided to only top30. but when I did top 10 I still did a handy amount of damage and I still practiced not stealing LBs that (at the time) had 20m damage done before I started my first attack. I've since made the more rational decision to limit that to 20% incase the HPs of LBs change (they have been up to 167m HPs btw).

I don't believe in letting what I am going for define me as a player and then assume if I was a complete tosser that everyone should be happy for me.
Offlineshortkeeper
Summoner
Summoner
Hellfire Club

Player Name: shortkeeper

Postby Omega Recon » Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:18 pm

To Locksley: Lifesreaper21 is not a member of this forum.I understand how you feel. I've had many LB's / MVP snatched away from me. All of us have. You, me, Corwin9s, LadyRaven, Tattoochanges... It's all part of the game. We either learn to live with it, or find a safer game to play, such as Scrabble. There is also a special topic, Rants & Raves! if you would like to make a posting there as well. And thank you for making the effort to not post an obscenity in the forum. I wish you the best of luck this event, and hope that you can place where ever your goal might have been

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 4
OfflineOmega Recon
Administrator
Administrator
Hellfire Club
Webmaster

Player Name: Omega-Recon

Postby penguin » Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:35 pm

Personally I dont make it a habit to jack mvps...but I had ny fair share of stealing some n getting stolen. Can someone pkease define MVP....doesnt it literally mean best man wins??? Yawnnn.....
Offlinepenguin
Trainee
Trainee

Player Name: tuxxy

Postby locksley » Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:22 pm

Hi.

Just a few words trying to justify the unjustifiable.
I started playing small sessions just when the game came out, and become a regular player since the Wonderland event. I've got a pretty good collection of cards. I'm pretty sure it is nearly impossible to get better cards without spending huge amounts of money, I'd dare to say, (and yes, for the record I've spent small sums of money here and there in the game, a couple of first tier summons and some 'introductory' offers, it won't make rich Hellfire developers, and in the end they dind't help me either, but they are good as a token of support and probably worth more money than most payed App Store games)
Also, I've gathered some expertise in the meanwhile, which helped me in improving my ranks in the events, scoring now in the top 300-200 regularly without needing to pay more cash. I don't know if I'm a good player or not. And frankly, I don't care. I enjoy playing (most of the time) and that is what counts.

That said, I've lost MVPs before. Tons of them. Like everyone else. Less as my expertise increased, sure, but I know you are never safe. But this is the first time I got three "firmly grasped" ones stolen by the same single player (which also ruined the perspective of reaching the top 100 that was indeed at my reach this time). Legendaries that were not shared lighly. All of them with 30mills or more of damage done before share (with 3-4 attacks), and defended as much as my resources allow. Needless to say, he didn't got the 1.5x ally bonus on any of them (nor anyone else, ofc).

And that is infuriating. More so when you also lose huge chunks of hard earned ep potion reserves in the process trying to defend the legendaries. And then you see that the player is able to deal easily with any counterattack, as he can deal as much as 45-50 mills with just two attacks thanks to his godly (payed?) deck

Yes yes. I know. It's the game, pay to win, and all that....

But it is hugely frustrating. Maybe I've not spent huge amounts of money in the game, but I've dipped much effort and employed many many hours in the game, things that can be as valuable or even more than money itself.

Only on one event I got two MVP lost to the same player before, muratozkan on Legendary Weaps, member of this forum. And he was kind enough to write a sort of apology and words of support when he learned about it. He didn't need to do it, we all know, that's the game, but he did nevertheless.

Right now I'm pretty pissed off. That's why I posted what I did. I know it may not be useful at all. But it's an escape valve to frustration. The only one I have right now

For those who know what I mean (and how I fell), thanks and sorry for the rant.
To everyone else, you can happily go to hell-fire along with your good friend lifesreaper21

L
Offlinelocksley
Menestrel
Menestrel

Re: [RANT] Samurai Skirmish MVP theft

Postby CubedCodeMonkey » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:02 pm

Hi all,

I have moved these posts out to the Rants and Raves forum, as this is the perfect place for it!
OfflineCubedCodeMonkey
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Hellfire Club

Player Name: CubedCodeMonkey

Postby penguin » Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:13 am

Locksley....since u hv been playing for awhile...its very obvious the gradual changes in hf hv been made paying centric. Am sure many feel the same way like u do....but to save yrself less frustration n keep enjoying the game like u do ...u jua hv to accept this is one of the featurea of the game. Hf of course encorages mvp wrestling...it simply promotes BE spending. If mvps were not meant to be wrestled..hf wud hv implemented a feature that locks mvp when someone has spent a considerable amt of be?

In short there u cant steal aomething that doesnt belong to someone when he hasnt done enough dmg to own it yet....
Offlinepenguin
Trainee
Trainee

Player Name: tuxxy

Postby smartprotect2nd » Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:53 pm

Just a few words trying to justify the unjustifiable.
I started playing small sessions just when the game came out, and become a regular player since the Wonderland event. I've got a pretty good collection of cards. I'm pretty sure it is nearly impossible to get better cards without spending huge amounts of money, I'd dare to say, (and yes, for the record I've spent small sums of money here and there in the game, a couple of first tier summons and some 'introductory' offers, it won't make rich Hellfire developers, and in the end they dind't help me either, but they are good as a token of support and probably worth more money than most payed App Store games)
Also, I've gathered some expertise in the meanwhile, which helped me in improving my ranks in the events, scoring now in the top 300-200 regularly without needing to pay more cash. I don't know if I'm a good player or not. And frankly, I don't care. I enjoy playing (most of the time) and that is what counts.

That said, I've lost MVPs before. Tons of them. Like everyone else. Less as my expertise increased, sure, but I know you are never safe. But this is the first time I got three "firmly grasped" ones stolen by the same single player (which also ruined the perspective of reaching the top 100 that was indeed at my reach this time). Legendaries that were not shared lighly. All of them with 30mills or more of damage done before share (with 3-4 attacks), and defended as much as my resources allow. Needless to say, he didn't got the 1.5x ally bonus on any of them (nor anyone else, ofc).

And that is infuriating. More so when you also lose huge chunks of hard earned ep potion reserves in the process trying to defend the legendaries. And then you see that the player is able to deal easily with any counterattack, as he can deal as much as 45-50 mills with just two attacks thanks to his godly (payed?) deck

Yes yes. I know. It's the game, pay to win, and all that....

But it is hugely frustrating. Maybe I've not spent huge amounts of money in the game, but I've dipped much effort and employed many many hours in the game, things that can be as valuable or even more than money itself.

Only on one event I got two MVP lost to the same player before, muratozkan on Legendary Weaps, member of this forum. And he was kind enough to write a sort of apology and words of support when he learned about it. He didn't need to do it, we all know, that's the game, but he did nevertheless.

Right now I'm pretty pissed off. That's why I posted what I did. I know it may not be useful at all. But it's an escape valve to frustration. The only one I have right now

For those who know what I mean (and how I fell), thanks and sorry for the rant.
To everyone else, you can happily go to hell-fire along with your good friend lifesreaper21

L

Well your first post says "no money spent", and now you're saying that you have spent on tiers, etc.
Do you think that all our decks, cards and BE are just paid for? That we don't have good cards or BE from previous events that like you, have spent much time, sleepless nights, sweat and tears to gain? Our money used to pay for tiers, BEs and energy pots do not just drop from the sky too, mind you.
It's a strategic game and based on luck, and as the ball is round, I am pretty sure one day you will be stealing MVPs from others as well, or you may have already done so. It just happened for you to have it stolen thrice by the same player, as I believe bosses sharing are pooled with the same players. Heck, last event I stole from the same person like 10 times, so consider yourself lucky.
Just enjoy the game bro and accept the pros and cons of it. Failed at getting an MVP, move on to the next one and again and again, that's life anyway.
Offlinesmartprotect2nd
Apprentice
Apprentice

Postby locksley » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:22 am

smartprotect2nd wrote:Well your first post says "no money spent", and now you're saying that you have spent on tiers, etc.

On my first message I was posting my current status at the time, and obviously I was refering to no money spent this current event. My last purchase was on the Olympus dungeon event, mind you, (and as I said, a couple of tier 1 summons and some introductory offers like the 100 coin begginer summon and such, which didn't even yield anything useful ).

smartprotect2nd wrote:Do you think that all our decks, cards and BE are just paid for? That we don't have good cards or BE from previous events that like you, have spent much time, sleepless nights, sweat and tears to gain? Our money used to pay for tiers, BEs and energy pots do not just drop from the sky too, mind you.

Well... I can bet almost every single card you have with better stats than what I've got are either a direct result of a purchased summon, or the indirect result of scoring high in a event thanks in the most part to that purchases.
In the ranking thread you can see the deck of some of the top players. An example of winning deck from erjtheman:
Ronin x2 -> Payed cards
Kaihime x 4 (evo4) -> surely about 14-15 payed cards
Cupids Bow -> Payed card from previous events
Longinus & Q'thulu -> Top rewards card. He may have got them without spending any money, sure, thanks to his superb and extraordinary hellfire skills. Or, much more likely, thanks to the purchases he made during the respective events (and a good playing, sure). Either way, it's just 2 cards from a deck of 9, with the other 7 ones an obvious example of the Pay to Win scenario.

Not that it matters. This is a F2P game and the developers rely on purchases to keep going, so you can do whatever you want with your money. But the very natrue of the P2W games is a bit annoying for us who don't have such amount of money to spend on it.

smartprotect2nd wrote:It's a strategic game and based on luck, and as the ball is round,I am pretty sure one day you will be stealing MVPs from others as well, or you may have already done so.

Thanks to the fact that this is (more or less) a strategic game (and a bit skill based too), I can say I'm now ranking in the top 200 of this kind of events without spending a dime, probably well above many other heavy paying players... (I've seen several people this event with evoed Ronins as front cards, placed 800-1000 or even 8000. WTF?!?!?!?! O_o )

And just fyi, in more than 6 months of playing Raid events, I'm now able to reach such ranks witouth having stolen one single MVP from a player who has tagged a legendary for more than a few millions. Sure some players just attack a Legendary with one EP and share them right away because they don't want to MVP them. And I try to get them, of course, sometime clashing with other players. But I'm pretty sure noone will consider that "stealing MVPs"

But I've never tried to take away the MVP from the scout of a LB who have done several attacks on it. For me, it borders the immoral, more so as the weaker the player is, because he is more in need than anyone else the points and resources the LB awards, and he probably put much more effort and resources in the boss than the effort and rerources you will need to steal it from him.

smartprotect2nd wrote:It just happened for you to have it stolen thrice by the same player, as I believe bosses sharing are pooled with the same players. Heck, last event I stole from the same person like 10 times, so consider yourself lucky.

I may consider lucky then, but I won't say here what I consider you, just because this is a moderated forum and It would get me a more than assured ban. But I'm pretty sure you know what I think about you after that cocky phrase.

L
Offlinelocksley
Menestrel
Menestrel

Postby smartprotect2nd » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:26 pm

locksley wrote:
smartprotect2nd wrote:Well your first post says "no money spent", and now you're saying that you have spent on tiers, etc.

On my first message I was posting my current status at the time, and obviously I was refering to no money spent this current event. My last purchase was on the Olympus dungeon event, mind you, (and as I said, a couple of tier 1 summons and some introductory offers like the 100 coin begginer summon and such, which didn't even yield anything useful ).

smartprotect2nd wrote:Do you think that all our decks, cards and BE are just paid for? That we don't have good cards or BE from previous events that like you, have spent much time, sleepless nights, sweat and tears to gain? Our money used to pay for tiers, BEs and energy pots do not just drop from the sky too, mind you.

Well... I can bet almost every single card you have with better stats than what I've got are either a direct result of a purchased summon, or the indirect result of scoring high in a event thanks in the most part to that purchases.
In the ranking thread you can see the deck of some of the top players. An example of winning deck from erjtheman:
Ronin x2 -> Payed cards
Kaihime x 4 (evo4) -> surely about 14-15 payed cards
Cupids Bow -> Payed card from previous events
Longinus & Q'thulu -> Top rewards card. He may have got them without spending any money, sure, thanks to his superb and extraordinary hellfire skills. Or, much more likely, thanks to the purchases he made during the respective events (and a good playing, sure). Either way, it's just 2 cards from a deck of 9, with the other 7 ones an obvious example of the Pay to Win scenario.

Not that it matters. This is a F2P game and the developers rely on purchases to keep going, so you can do whatever you want with your money. But the very natrue of the P2W games is a bit annoying for us who don't have such amount of money to spend on it.

smartprotect2nd wrote:It's a strategic game and based on luck, and as the ball is round,I am pretty sure one day you will be stealing MVPs from others as well, or you may have already done so.

Thanks to the fact that this is (more or less) a strategic game (and a bit skill based too), I can say I'm now ranking in the top 200 of this kind of events without spending a dime, probably well above many other heavy paying players... (I've seen several people this event with evoed Ronins as front cards, placed 800-1000 or even 8000. WTF?!?!?!?! O_o )

And just fyi, in more than 6 months of playing Raid events, I'm now able to reach such ranks witouth having stolen one single MVP from a player who has tagged a legendary for more than a few millions. Sure some players just attack a Legendary with one EP and share them right away because they don't want to MVP them. And I try to get them, of course, sometime clashing with other players. But I'm pretty sure noone will consider that "stealing MVPs"

But I've never tried to take away the MVP from the scout of a LB who have done several attacks on it. For me, it borders the immoral, more so as the weaker the player is, because he is more in need than anyone else the points and resources the LB awards, and he probably put much more effort and resources in the boss than the effort and rerources you will need to steal it from him.

smartprotect2nd wrote:It just happened for you to have it stolen thrice by the same player, as I believe bosses sharing are pooled with the same players. Heck, last event I stole from the same person like 10 times, so consider yourself lucky.

I may consider lucky then, but I won't say here what I consider you, just because this is a moderated forum and It would get me a more than assured ban. But I'm pretty sure you know what I think about you after that cocky phrase.

L

Hey skilled and 'senior' player, if think you are the only one putting in effort in this game and deserve to own every boss that you had put significant damage in, then you can continue living in delusion.
And sure bro, likewise, from your first post, my mind is already made up about what I think of you too. I hope you "burn slowly in the deepest 'hell-fire' with all my heart" too.
Offlinesmartprotect2nd
Apprentice
Apprentice

Postby locksley » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:21 pm

smartprotect2nd wrote:Hey skilled and 'senior' player, if think you are the only one putting in effort in this game and deserve to own every boss that you had put significant damage in, then you can continue living in delusion.
And sure bro, likewise, from your first post, my mind is already made up about what I think of you too. I hope you "burn slowly in the deepest 'hell-fire' with all my heart" too.

And after all, you still have no damn clue of what I'm talking about.

What I think is that anyone who put a significant effort into getting a boss should 'own' it, as you say. That's the 'fair' way. Be it me, a just registered player with few skill and not 'senior' at all, or even you. I do not think "I'm the only one" that deserves anything. Thats why I do not steal MVPs, because it's not only ME who deserves that, but everyone else too.

Maybe I will never win one of this events because of that. I'm fine with it, don´t worry...

But behaviours like the one you boast about... ( "last event I stole from the same person like 10 times, so consider yourself lucky") well, i see them as unfair and immoral, even more when it's just the money the most common way of getting the power to enforce them.

L
Offlinelocksley
Menestrel
Menestrel

Postby smartprotect2nd » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:59 am

locksley wrote:
smartprotect2nd wrote:Hey skilled and 'senior' player, if think you are the only one putting in effort in this game and deserve to own every boss that you had put significant damage in, then you can continue living in delusion.

And after all, you still have no damn clue of what I'm talking about.

What I think is that anyone who put a significant effort into getting a boss should 'own' it, as you say. That's the 'fair' way. Be it me, a just registered player with few skill and not 'senior' at all, or even you. I do not think "I'm the only one" that deserves anything. Thats why I do not steal MVPs, because it's not only ME who deserves that, but everyone else too.

Maybe I will never win one of this events because of that. I'm fine with it, don´t worry...

But behaviours like the one you boast about... ( "last event I stole from the same person like 10 times, so consider yourself lucky") well, i see them as unfair and immoral, even more when it's just the money the most common way of getting the power to enforce them.

L

I'm sorry, did I mention anywhere that I stole from people who do like 40/50/60m already? What I'm trying to say there is that you are not the only one who have their bosses stolen and missed their ranking as a result; which simply does not justify your rant and your ideals about bosses being 'owned' by someone. If you wanna 'own' it, deal 50% of damage, and if someone deals the other 50% and takes MVP as a result of overkill, that I consider 'unfair' and 'immoral'. And how about trying to miss out on Top 10 4 events in a row? There's no fking one to blame but yourself for it. Ok, maybe a bit of blame to the HF team and developers.
Btw, it is your behaviour in your first post that instigated my reaction towards you. You were already touching on the personal level towards your aforementioned "MVP THEFT". Maybe someday, someone else would do that back to your kids in school.
Offlinesmartprotect2nd
Apprentice
Apprentice

Postby pureheartbear » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:58 am

I'm sorry to say it's the name of the game... and let's remember it is just a game... seriously...

If you're doing less than 10mil per atk on a lvl 100, you run the risk of getting your scouted boss stolen... especially if another player is able to do more than 20mil per atk. Honestly for someone that it takes >4 atks to get 30mil is probably not enough to be safe.

While you think there should be courtesy in regards to allowing a scout to keep the mvp if he/she has done over 30 mil, that certainly is not apart of the rules... and in reality I don't think that's realistic. I mean this is a game and it's meant to be competitive... Think of Monopoly, do you play courtesy when someone lands on your hotel and it will bankrupt them??? The answer is no way! So why is this game any different! Now if you are an ally with that person, that's a different story... but if not, then it's fair game for the taking.

It's most valuable player... and that goes by numbers... Like I said 30 million is no way a safe bet when it comes to making sure you win it. I have a strong deck and I usually like to go closer to 40mil...

With the lb being all weekend, that meant that we didn't get as many lb's.... By Sunday night I had only scouted less than five... so that made me more likely to try to steal a boss. If anyone you should be mad at is Mobage not a player whose playing the game.

I also think its bogue to call out erjtheman and pick apart his winning deck... You've even said you've bought tiers in the past... So you can't hold it against someone who does the same. I mean they are spending their hard earned money on this game and it's their right. Those who buy tiers, etc are helping keep the game afloat. If you arent spending any money, you really have no right say your what for... You're the one who makes the choice to spend the time and effort into playing the game. No one is forcing you to play.

You talk about being fair, immoral, etc. Come on now, this is just a game. Do you see how you are acting about this??? Again there is no owning a scouted boss, there is no common courtesy... nor is it immoral for those who do steal mvps... those are just your opinions... and that doesn't mean its reality.

There are also ways of getting to the top without getting lvl 100s. One player in particular got very few lvl 100s and was able to get into the top 10 from just attacking lvl 46 and lower.

You also talk about despicable behavior... well I think telling some "I deeply hope you burn slowly in the deepest "hell-fire" with all my heart." is rather harsh and cruel... Certainly far worse than stealing an mvp... All over a dumb game... really??? You can call smart cocky, and other terms but he's just playing the game... and you're being a very poor loser...

In the end, you're just making yourself look bad and you certainly aren't gaining many allies from this post. You are also giving others more fuel to steal future mvps... Sure you have a right to get mad when someone steals, everybody does but you've gone overboard!

So take what you want from these posts... you can move on and try to enjoy the game... or you can sulk and continue to rationalize how you feel versus everything else...

If you want the chance to get an mvp... work on building a stronger deck and you can do that without winning the top cards... There are some very strong rare cards out there. Make sure to do at least 40mil damage, yes it will take more BE but a player will less likely steal it... but know there are no guarantees.

This will probably not be the last time someone steals a mvp from you and it's likely a same player might do more than one. When I steal an mvp, I certainly don't memorize the name of the player... nor do I really pay attention to it... so there is a chance they didn't even realize it. I would never remember who I have stole from, certainly if it was on another day. Chances are that I have stolen more than one mvp from another player. LB events are fast paced, highly competitive...

Again this is only a game. I repeat, this is only a game...
Check out my Newsletter Blog:
http://hellfirenewsletter.wordpress.com/
Offlinepureheartbear
Menestrel
Menestrel
Hellfire Club

Player Name: pureheartbear

Postby Zergster » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:33 pm

First of all, I can't believe there is such section in this forum to rant:P, and I would imagine this would be a place people complaint about their wivies, bosses, work, or a bad day or bad event. Never thought it would be attached to the game.

It's just a game and having fun is more important than ranking high. Plus the moment you did download and start playing the game, you should've learned there are in-app purchases to "enhance" your chances of winning, same concept most Free games adopt. Therefore, Locksley, you are not making a case here by classify yourself as a Non-Paying player. I do certainly understand your frustration that you worked all the way without spending big bucks and finally within reach of your goal, and it sucks to fail to achieve it by a small margin. Though I highly doubt those 3 stolen LBs are the sole deciding factor here. Try think other things you could've done to improve the chances.

You called the guy despicable or immoral, well, they do exist, in real world too, not to mention in a virtual environment. I personally think that mojority of politicians are better suited for those terms.

I feel your rage, but pal, I dont think it worths it, not a single second of your life. You are contradicting yourself for claiming you dont play competitively, because you care(d) about the ranking. Well, I care too, but I know I am no place near the paid players, and I am settled with that. It's been 3 weeks of playing and I finally think I gained better understanding of it and may eventually spend some money to boost my deck. Shall I fail to others, sure, I dont spend enough and I am rightfully placed where I belong. People beat me by 1 point to be in higher reward zone, let it be, someone's gotta be that "unlucky" person. Shall I blame the bank for not serving me when I come one minute after their operation hours? Hell No, I am late, next time I'll come early.

My pennyworth reccommendation:
Either spend some more money and fight for it, or be grateful with where you are, and I truly believe you are an above-average player with your stated facts.

Winning costs money, having fun is FREE.

Kind regards,

Zerg
OfflineZergster
Apprentice
Apprentice
Hellfire Club
Donator

Player Name: Zergster

Postby locksley » Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:15 am

Well...

After all this long thread, all I can say is that I'm re-discovering a pretty old aphorysm by Plautus: "Lupus est homo homini" ( "man is man's wolf" in english).
Or as 'Captain' Jack Sparrow said contemporary "The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do"

I guess I just need to accept the fact that stealing MVPs is something legal and, as such, something than people could and will use for their advantage, even at the expense of other players, (something which could seem reprobable from certaint point of view, at least when it is between two very unmatched players)

Something that F2P developers forget from time to time (and P2W games developers even more), is that of course paying players should get an increased "fun factor" in the game. Even more as more money they spend. But it is usually a bad policy to get that improved "fun factor" at the expense of lowering the "fun factor" of the lesser payers (or potential customers who still are non payers).

I mean. I fully understand that I will never be able to compete against heavy paying (and usually very capable) players. And as such, I know I'll never win one of Hellfire events, nor even come close. I'm fine with that.
I know there are some alternatives to heavy paying, of course, as is farming hundreds/thousands of EPs during several weekly events, so you can focus on spending all of them at the same time in a single event. But, to be honest, that doesn't sound any fun to me... (and, as some people pointed out, this is a game which above all should be fun)

Knowing that my spot belongs dozens of ranks below paying players as I dont spend so much money is one thing, but seeing my face (or MVP bosses) stomped by them in "first person view" is another.
I would probably haven't got that mad if the 'stealer' was someone against whom i can compete in fair terms (even if I lose). But he wasn't.

Paying players usually have enough advantage by themselves (more Mission Energy for spawning more bosses, more Battle Energy for killing them, more powerful decks to deal with bosses with lower energy expenses, ....). Such huge advantages in fact that I do not understand why they also need to be able to mess with the hard work of other less privileged players.
But some of you are right in one thing, I came to realize that it's not players fault. It's a big one, imho, but from the game designers...

L
Offlinelocksley
Menestrel
Menestrel

Postby remington82 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:46 am

locksley wrote:Paying players usually have enough advantage by themselves (more Mission Energy for spawning more bosses, more Battle Energy for killing them, more powerful decks to deal with bosses with lower energy expenses, ....). Such huge advantages in fact that I do not understand why they also need to be able to mess with the hard work of other less privileged players.

On this same topic, I have had several MVP battles with the same player over the last two raids. Same situation, I do not pay, and the other player spends a ton of money. Now I understand the need to steal MVPs and how its important and all that, but this said top paying player was over 40million event points clear of 10th place, and there was only 1 day left. There is no possible way they are going to fall out of the top 10. I, however, very badly needed the MVP to try and keep my top 200 position.

I ended up doing 8 attacks on one of the bosses and 9 on the other. I won both, but man if I had lost them to someone who didnt need the points and was just bored or trying to get #1 or something like that, I would have been very pissed.

And I have seen on many occasions a player in the top 5 and way ahead of top 10 stealing mvps on the last day from people who put 6+ attacks into a boss. Now that is really really aggravating.
Offlineremington82
Menestrel
Menestrel

Player Name: remington82

Postby shortkeeper » Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:34 am

remington82 wrote:And I have seen on many occasions a player in the top 5 and way ahead of top 10 stealing mvps on the last day from people who put 6+ attacks into a boss. Now that is really really aggravating.

A few raids ago I had done 30m to a LB in the last sessions, 2nd and 6th both decide to steal from me at the same time and I decided to put in a 4th hit that was pretty poor. I won with 38m, 2nd was 35m and 6th was 32m. If only 1 went for it I was toast and neither needed the points to remain in top 10. Safe to say team bonus was not an option but at least they stuffed up and I kept the MVP.

If heavy payers persist in ruining team bonus like that, one method I have thought of is to ruin ANY team bonus for them by heavily attacking any of their scouted LBs, possibly stealing some at that. You would lose a war and BE but you go in expecting that, but you also take away from their fun as well. ;)
Offlineshortkeeper
Summoner
Summoner
Hellfire Club

Player Name: shortkeeper

Postby smartprotect2nd » Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:47 pm

remington82 wrote:On this same topic, I have had several MVP battles with the same player over the last two raids. Same situation, I do not pay, and the other player spends a ton of money. Now I understand the need to steal MVPs and how its important and all that, but this said top paying player was over 40million event points clear of 10th place, and there was only 1 day left. There is no possible way they are going to fall out of the top 10. I, however, very badly needed the MVP to try and keep my top 200 position.

There is every possible way that a 40m lead is not enough. Even a >50m lead with 1 day to go is insufficient, assuming you do not do anything on the last day, or you may get super unlucky with LBs. And you never know who and how many outside the top 10/30/40/50/etc. are banking bosses. The race for top 10/30/40/50 is a whole different ball game altogether.

remington82 wrote:I ended up doing 8 attacks on one of the bosses and 9 on the other. I won both, but man if I had lost them to someone who didnt need the points and was just bored or trying to get #1 or something like that, I would have been very pissed.

Your 8/9 attacks (24/27 BEs) would be better off just tagging bosses imo, unless of course you are spending more attacks to defend your current mvp. But then again, that's one too many just to secure an MVP say with about 60m damage, and to not gain team bonus too. Well it all depends on your target rank and how much BE you're willing to expand, as well as your current deck.

remington82 wrote:And I have seen on many occasions a player in the top 5 and way ahead of top 10 stealing mvps on the last day from people who put 6+ attacks into a boss. Now that is really really aggravating.

And please don't re-start this thread again, as everyone above has already mentioned, each and everyone has their own way of playing the game. As long it's all within the capabilities of the game, it's all fair game and nothing to do with 'immoral' or 'unfair'. Best to not let our emotions take over our fun of playing the game, there are still plenty of raid events to enjoy (or suffer)!
Offlinesmartprotect2nd
Apprentice
Apprentice

Next