.::-[•  Hell Marys Fan WebSite  •]-::.

NineSages Community

The Only and Largest Online Forum for Many Games

how to spawn high bosses in raids

Have a technical question or a problem? Discuss it here.

Moderator: Intendants

how to spawn high bosses in raids

Postby ninchen30 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:28 pm

hey guys,

so i've been getting mixed information about how this is working.
i read in some thread that the lvl of the bosses you spawn depends solely on the total dmg you have done to raid bosses within a raid event. i also have been told though, that i would need to kill my own bosses of a certain level in order to spawn higher ones.

for some reason i am stuck with lvl 25 bosses for a while now and although i dealt plenty of dmg to higher ones while assisting others, i still only get lvl 16-25s.

HALP! :D

Nina
Offlineninchen30
Trainee
Trainee
Hellfire Club
Donator

Player Name: ninchen30

Re: how to spawn high bosses in raids

Postby hortz » Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:51 pm

Hi Nina,

To spawn higher bosses, you need to MVP your own bosses. So you are on lvl 25 bosses and odds are noone is finishing them, so you will need to kill those off yourself most likely. As you do this, you will start to creep up on higher lvl bosses. Hitting other peoples bosses does help if you MVP them. When trying to spawn your own LB's, or lvl 100's, you need to be able to mvp your own 46's. There is also another factor when hunting for LB's, and that is speed of kills. Faster you are killing of 46's, higher chances lb's spawn.
Offlinehortz
Menestrel
Menestrel
Hellfire Club
Donator

Player Name: Hortz00

Postby CubedCodeMonkey » Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:53 pm

Hey Nina,

Give this thread a look! Unfortunately, we don't know for sure exactly, but that's one theory that seems to have some weight behind it.
OfflineCubedCodeMonkey
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Hellfire Club

Player Name: CubedCodeMonkey

Postby CubedCodeMonkey » Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:55 pm

hortz wrote:Hi Nina,

To spawn higher bosses, you need to MVP your own bosses. So you are on lvl 25 bosses and odds are noone is finishing them, so you will need to kill those off yourself most likely. As you do this, you will start to creep up on higher lvl bosses. Hitting other peoples bosses does help if you MVP them. When trying to spawn your own LB's, or lvl 100's, you need to be able to mvp your own 46's. There is also another factor when hunting for LB's, and that is speed of kills. Faster you are killing of 46's, higher chances lb's spawn.

The odd thing about this is that I've been able to chain-spawn my own LBs while farming BE, well before I can MVP my own 46s.
OfflineCubedCodeMonkey
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Hellfire Club

Postby ninchen30 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:20 pm

CubedCodeMonkey wrote:Hey Nina,

Give this thread a look! Unfortunately, we don't know for sure exactly, but that's one theory that seems to have some weight behind it.

i read that ccm, its the thread i was refering to when i said "depends on the total dmg within a raid event". if this is true, and ONLY this is true, then the dmg gap between spawning lvl 25s and spawning the higher ones is insanely high and i might get to it after dealing a lot more dmg to other ppls bosses than i already did. i will test if that happens.
another possibility is that only the dmg you do to your own raid bosses counts (if they get killed, that is), which i could only verify if i had started late in that event and had done dmg to other ppls bosses and then spawned my first own boss, which would then have to be lvl 0 in order to verify that theory. this would also explain my situation, since my bosses arent gettin killed anymore.

i can see hortz's explanation. however, i didnt mvp any of my bosses above lvl 8 or so, since my deck has no rewinders and i only attacked with 1 be. according to that i shoulve spawned nothing above that threshold. but i kept spawning higher ones so i thought it doesnt depend on me mvp-ing them.
the only explanation i can imagine is that i can only spawn bosses i could HYPOTHETICALLY mvp with one attack, but i wouldnt know how that would be calculated on hf's side.

either way, no theory entirely fits my problem, as it seems. i will just keep spawning bosses, in order to at least know what ISNT the problem :D
Last edited by ninchen30 on Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Offlineninchen30
Trainee
Trainee
Hellfire Club
Donator

Postby hortz » Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:22 pm

My thought was when you want to hunt for lb's, multiple in an hr type situation, but yes, even my alts have spawned an LB once in an hr session sometimes. :)
Offlinehortz
Menestrel
Menestrel
Hellfire Club
Donator

Postby hortz » Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:24 pm

Nina, yep, it is a very complicated formula I think, that is one reason we love this game. :)
Offlinehortz
Menestrel
Menestrel
Hellfire Club
Donator

Postby ninchen30 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:26 pm

it makes me mad, cuz i dont even know what to do different in order to fix it besides getting a better deck in general :D
Offlineninchen30
Trainee
Trainee
Hellfire Club
Donator

Postby CubedCodeMonkey » Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:27 pm

ninchen30 wrote:it makes me mad, cuz i dont even know what to do different in order to fix it besides getting a better deck in general :D

I think you hit the nail on the head right there! :D
OfflineCubedCodeMonkey
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Hellfire Club

Postby bonjovi3223 » Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:41 am

Hey there Nina,
This is a very important question you have raised for which I myself have been looking for an answer in a long time. I still do not have an answer but I will share my experience.

A lot of people told me that the higher EP u have, the higher u can spawn. No offense intended to them but this is not true. In order to verify that I ran a simple test over multiple raid events. This was a test to collect data of ppl who were spawning LB100.

RESULT: Most ppl were
1. Much lower in EP as compared to me at the time of the spawn.
2. Lower in in-game rank then me at that time.

Note:-
-I was only concentrating on ppl lower then me to verify this fact.
-In-game rank was jus to judge their deck strength but is not necessarily a true guide as he could be a paying player & thus have much stronger cards then me.

This therefore leads to the next level of testing and questions I wanted to investigate after getting two master rewinders. The question are:

In order to spawn higher, do you need to:
1. MVP your self spawn? or
2. Full kill your self spawn?

I thus hope that all those having difficulties in spawning higher would test these factors.

Another experience:
During the Gorgoroth event, I went on a BE farming rampage after obtaining my SRE & I also had one RE. Both were Lvmax so I was killing all self spawns to gain the 2be farmed advantage. The highest I spawned was only one lv34 boss & a couple lv50 bosses......nothing in between I.e. no lv43, 46 etc. This was mainly on day6 of the event.
I dunno if this is true but I asked myself - that in order to spawn higher, do I need to keep pace with the level of bosses released on the different days of the event or can I spawn it anytime as long as I can mvp/kill it?

I hope this post helps & gives some ppl a starting point when they try their testing.
Offlinebonjovi3223
Apprentice
Apprentice

Player Name: bonjovi3223

Postby ninchen30 » Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:30 am

bonjovi3223 wrote:
In order to spawn higher, do you need to:
1. MVP your self spawn? or
2. Full kill your self spawn?

I thus hope that all those having difficulties in spawning higher would test these factors.

i can absolutely say for myself that i did neither of those two things when i suddenly started spawning the occasional lvl 27 when i was stuck on 25s max for a while.
i did not mvp any of those 25s, before the first 27 spawned, nor did i kill it myself.

however, VERY SHORTLY before the first 27 spawned ( it was right 5 minutes after this discussion here came up), i used 2 be for the first time on one of my 25s to figure out how much dmg i could do this way and sadly i did less than 50% of the boss and someone else stole it.
which leads me to "proclaiming" that i didnt need to mvp or kill it in order to spawn higher ones.
the reason i suddenly spawned 27s could be
a) i reached that "hidden" threshold of total dmg to all raid bosses within this event which got me spawning 27s.
b) - and this is my own personal new theory - i reached a hidden threshold of total dmg dealt to one single boss within one event.

the reason im pretty convinced its not the overall dmg within one event, is the following:
ive been "scumbagging" this event a lot in order to test shoot, which means i did the full 1 be-dmg i could to every lb that came my way (besides the ones from allies or ppl i know of course) which shouldve put me over the next threshold and thus i shouldve started spawning bosses that are higher than 27. however, that never happened. i still spawn only 27s.
so my personal theory is, but i will test that further next raid event, that it depends on the total dmg u do to one boss. lets make up a number for example purposes: say, u have to at least deal 40% of the desired boss's health. (if this is not a total brain fart of mine - which it certainly could be - then one would also need to determine whether u have to do said amount with 1 attack or with up to infinite attacks).

the reason i say this is:
like you, bon, i have been looking at players who shared their lb's with me just about right when hell started and many of them also had waaay less event points. which leads me to believe that a) it cannot correlate with your event points at all b) it cannot correlate with the total amount of dmg dealt to raid bosses (since having a lesser rank than me and simultanously having dealt more dmg to raid bosses was a highly unlikely scenario at the time i checked).

ok so much for my wall of text, i guess i will further torture my brain cells over this, if somebody comes up with a smart sollution - god pls, tell me :D
Offlineninchen30
Trainee
Trainee
Hellfire Club
Donator

Postby tcalvin42 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:34 pm

ninchen30 wrote:...which would then have to be lvl 0 in order to verify that theory.

I actually did this with my alt this event, unintentionally. I was trying to farm a lot and kept all my lvl 0's through Friday thinking I could do more when the cap was at 20. I attacked a few lvl46 to get the gems and my next spawn was a lvl 20. So I went from lvl0 to lvl 20 with only 2 or 3 attacks. I didn't kill any of them but they all died eventually.
Offlinetcalvin42
Summoner
Summoner
No Luck Brotherhood
HellMarys Player

Player Name: tcalvin42

Postby ninchen30 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:49 am

tcalvin42 wrote:
ninchen30 wrote:...which would then have to be lvl 0 in order to verify that theory.

I actually did this with my alt this event, unintentionally. I was trying to farm a lot and kept all my lvl 0's through Friday thinking I could do more when the cap was at 20. I attacked a few lvl46 to get the gems and my next spawn was a lvl 20. So I went from lvl0 to lvl 20 with only 2 or 3 attacks. I didn't kill any of them but they all died eventually.

oh so that is kinda what i expected. it would fit my theory that the total dmg u did to one raid boss counts and not at all if your own bosses die or dont die or whatever level of boss u kill before.
theoretical approach to find out what u can spawn:
wait long enough during an event for others to spawn high level ones, then attack them with 3 be and your strongest deck and as long as this attack's dmg gets fully counted ( which means the boss cant die before u finished your full attack) - whatever lvl range of bosses u start spawning afterwards will be the highest boss u can spawn in an entire event (at least if hell is open and all lvl of bosses can actually spawn already and as long as the attack's dmg was a good one and not an "oh no none of my rewinders procced" attack.

i will test this next raid event =)
Offlineninchen30
Trainee
Trainee
Hellfire Club
Donator