.::-[•  Hell Marys Fan WebSite  •]-::.

NineSages Community

The Only and Largest Online Forum for Many Games

new player

Have a technical question or a problem? Discuss it here.

Moderator: Intendants

new player

Postby Cute_Eli » Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:05 pm

Hiya guys. I'm a lowly 112 rank new player. Just found this forum and at last I have advice to read. I see ppl mentioning chatbox but fail to find it [DISAPPOINTED FACE]. What I'm wondering is if my deck setup is correct for the game.

Player name is CuteEli.
OfflineCute_Eli
Trainee
Trainee

Player Name:

Re: new player

Postby sarikusu » Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:25 pm

Hi Eli,

Welcome to the forum.

Is this the recommended setup for your deck? As you may already know recommended setup in the game only shows your top nine cards by stats (health + attack combined) so it is only a showcase and not suitable for real game playing.

For example your first row has an earth card (Fire + Earth + Fire); and each time you attack a death card (which is good for fire cards), your earth card will attack with least possible.

Other than row setup, do you have any rewinders and extra cagers? These two skills are the game changer factors together with healers.

Chatbox is on the frontpage it is officially called "HELLFIRE FANCHAT"
Offlinesarikusu
Menestrel
Menestrel
Hellfire Club
Webmaster
Donator

Player Name: sarikusu

Postby Cute_Eli » Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:36 pm

sarikusu wrote:Hi Eli,

Welcome to the forum.

Is this the recommended setup for your deck? As you may already know recommended setup in the game only shows your top nine cards by stats (health + attack combined) so it is only a showcase and not suitable for real game playing.

For example your first row has an earth card (Fire + Earth + Fire); and each time you attack a death card (which is good for fire cards), your earth card will attack with least possible.

Other than row setup, do you have any rewinders and extra cagers? These two skills are the game changer factors together with healers.

Chatbox is on the frontpage it is officially called "HELLFIRE FANCHAT"

Only rewinder I have is Ecstasy stage 4 lvl 65.

Only other I have just evolved is Diablos.

Not sure how good this card is though.
OfflineCute_Eli
Trainee
Trainee

Player Name:

Postby RashkaeTheBlack » Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:43 pm

Are you doing a straight evolve to s4 before you level? Your stats for some of your cards are quite low.

Sent from my Sony Z1
OfflineRashkaeTheBlack
Hellfire Club
Hellfire Club
Donator
No Luck Brotherhood

Player Name: RashkaeTheBlack

Postby Cute_Eli » Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:48 pm

Yeah I made that error so unfortunately I'm stuck with these. After reading here I realize my error. Just means I need to rebuild. I'm use to these errors, consequence of been blond I'm afraid lol
OfflineCute_Eli
Trainee
Trainee

Player Name:

Postby sarikusu » Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:04 pm

Hi Eli,

You may open a support request to mobage for your wrongly evolved cards; they tell you to delete the card and give you four of them.

Diablos is not a rewinder card and ecstasy is only light rewind.

See this table for creatures with slow skill (rewinders & cagers) http://hellfire-rus.ru/comparecard/tabl ... tr=*&str=*

Cute_Eli wrote:Yeah I made that error so unfortunately I'm stuck with these. After reading here I realize my error. Just means I need to rebuild. I'm use to these errors, consequence of been blond I'm afraid lol
Offlinesarikusu
Menestrel
Menestrel
Hellfire Club
Webmaster
Donator

Player Name: sarikusu

Postby Cute_Eli » Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:09 pm

Can anyone confirm my thinking, do I only level the card I'm using to evolve or does both cards have to be max level?

Everyone is fine calling me Eli but my name is Elizaveta but in the states everyone calls me Marcy which is my middle name
OfflineCute_Eli
Trainee
Trainee

Player Name:

Postby RashkaeTheBlack » Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:26 am

Elizaveta, for 3-4 star creatures, most would recommend the classic 3+1 evolve. This means, quickly evolve 3 cards to stage 3, no need to level them up before you evolve the 3. Then, this stage 3 and your remaining stage 1 card, level both to their maximum, then evolve them to stage 4. This will give you minimum waste of power (you might only lose 100-200) but allow you to level them quickly. For ultra-rare (5 stars) many will 2+1+1 or even royal evolve, which is 1+1+1+1 and can be very tedious.

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk
OfflineRashkaeTheBlack
Hellfire Club
Hellfire Club
Donator
No Luck Brotherhood

Postby Cute_Eli » Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:45 pm

RashkaeTheBlack wrote:Elizaveta, for 3-4 star creatures, most would recommend the classic 3+1 evolve. This means, quickly evolve 3 cards to stage 3, no need to level them up before you evolve the 3. Then, this stage 3 and your remaining stage 1 card, level both to their maximum, then evolve them to stage 4. This will give you minimum waste of power (you might only lose 100-200) but allow you to level them quickly. For ultra-rare (5 stars) many will 2+1+1 or even royal evolve, which is 1+1+1+1 and can be very tedious.

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk

Ty for the advice. Even though I made the error with my super rares to start with I will just leave them and change what I do with future cards.

I might now be able to compete with others better now although I always finish top 200-300 on boss challenges. My allies do better off me than I do off them but I know it takes time for ppl to accept new players
OfflineCute_Eli
Trainee
Trainee

Player Name:

Postby Cute_Eli » Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:08 am

Thanks all for the help. I'm well on my way to royal evolve my whole sets now but I'm holding back buying until I've finished all my ultra rare cards I have already. My biggest problem is knowing what's worth keeping or not. I'm sure the answer is in the forum somewhere so I'm hoping by writing this some nice person will guide me, it's my figuratively speaking of dropping my books in the corridor so someone helps rather than saying I'm too lazy to ask

As you can see my deck has changed but I've still a ways to go yet.
OfflineCute_Eli
Trainee
Trainee

Player Name:

Postby RashkaeTheBlack » Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:07 am

You should just 3+1 those cards. No point royaling them
OfflineRashkaeTheBlack
Hellfire Club
Hellfire Club
Donator
No Luck Brotherhood

Postby plumfaerie » Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:25 am

Hi Marcy!! Welcome to the forums.

The announcement which btw will give you up to date info on the event usually within an hour of the event so you can decide how you want to play an event. Sometimes there is a delay but I do my best to get most info up.
if you scroll down a bit past the announcements you will find the forum chatbox.
If for some reason your not finding it here is a link directly to it : shout_popup.php?s=1
We have a wealth of information we can give first hand, and provide you links pretty quickly for more indepth info.

Dont worry we dont bite (well not till we get to know you good enough). We try and strive for a no drama experience, game talk and just plain goofing off when the monotony of endless orb tossing has your hand aching and your seeing double.

If so much easier to answer questions there as one post usually leads to 10 more.

Welcome to the forum

FWI right now we are in our post event lull, when most reconnect with the outside world or catch on on their sleep :)
Never kick someone when they are already down. They are people too
Offlineplumfaerie
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Hellfire Club
Donator

Player Name: plumfaerie

Postby juckfoo » Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:30 am

Hey there and welcome to the forum. I concur with what rash said. If you like send me a pm. I'll link you a few useful links *creature stat list, live chat, etc etc* the one thing that people failed to mention are your cards themselves. By no means terrible but essentially their just building blocks. What I mean by this is that the sr dungeon capture and sre *super rare elites* are statistically far better than the box cards *last 2 dungeon cards have been 29k atk Master burn cards* announcements about the stats/abilities usually go live by about 3pm edt. I would put more focus on those cards and trying to keep those around rather than working on box cards. However you need cagers and healers, which is where the box cards come into play. Best of luck man
Offlinejuckfoo
HellMarys Player
HellMarys Player
Hellfire Club
Donator

Player Name: juckfoo

Postby tcalvin42 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:59 am

Hey Eli,
You mentioned having some UR cards but didn't mention which you have.

If you're still having trouble deciding what cards to keep, I suggest using the comparator, http://hellfire.ninesages.org/comparator, and creature list, http://hellfire.ninesages.org/?page=royals&lang=en, to see what your cards stats will be after you finish them, be it 3+1, 2+1+1, or royal. Make a list of your cards with their stats and skills (use excel or pen and paper) and mark your best attackers, healers, rewinders, and cagers.

Something to keep in mind is that you can only use 9 cards at a time, so it doesn't make sense to keep cards that will never make it into rotation. I think a good number to shoot for in each element is 10 to 15(and someone with more knowledge might correct me on that) worthwhile cards to keep. I was guilty of that not to long ago; I was leveling up cards that I already had stronger cards waiting to level and evolve. I probably cleared out 30 slots of cards that were not worth keeping.

An easy way to show your cards is to go to your deck and hit the clean button. Select a card spot and it'll bring up your cards in a nice list without respect to another card. It should look something like this...

And juck is absolutely correct about the dungeon bosses and elites in raid. They are almost always stronger and elites are 3x easier to level & evolve. It's a huge advantage when building your deck.

Good luck and have fun!
Offlinetcalvin42
Summoner
Summoner
No Luck Brotherhood
HellMarys Player

Player Name: tcalvin42

Postby Cute_Eli » Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:46 am

Ty guys. Yall absolutely correct I guess I figured that myself but when I started I was a unqualified noob just combining all my cards straight off without leveling them at all. I did that till I got to level 100 when been now a qualified noob I thought darn it how come I'm still getting whooped grrr. So my 5 brain cells had an idea (not my fault but been a genetic blond), I bet there's a forum where 'qualified noobs' can go for advice. After seeing my mistake and crying endlessly into my pillow for weeks, I decided Ok np I'll just kinda start over and royal a few cards to become slightly competitive. Again not the best logic but I'm sure yall agree a definate progression from my incompetent start.

Now I'm kinda back and in big girl pants but love the game so much want to try to be the bad ass I know I will become. (Sounds cool huh). In reality though (and I do sometimes live there when the faeries let me escape), I just wanna hold my own (although been a girl it might be borrowed) and play to win.

Time for my meds now lol
OfflineCute_Eli
Trainee
Trainee

Player Name:

Postby GamerSeth » Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:47 am

Here's the chat: index.php
“Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.”
OfflineGamerSeth
Apprentice
Apprentice

Player Name: GamerSeth

Postby Cute_Eli » Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:33 am

Ty. At first I was thinking you meant a 'chat' group like I have on my Line app but that's great ty. I'm not 100% with tapatalk usage so the Web index will be handy, on my tablet not my cell. Looks like I have some reading to do, hopefully the tough stuff comes with pictures for simpletons like me. As Tyrion Lannister says know what you are and wear it as a badge, the whole world isn't going to let you forget it so wear it with pride so they can't hurt you with it.
OfflineCute_Eli
Trainee
Trainee

Player Name:

Postby Cute_Eli » Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:50 am

I just wanted to post this and I know it's early days and that everyone will pass me but I'm quite proud I'm up there for now
OfflineCute_Eli
Trainee
Trainee

Player Name: