.::-[•  Hell Marys Fan WebSite  •]-::.

NineSages Community

The Only and Largest Online Forum for Many Games

device registered?

Have a technical question or a problem? Discuss it here.

Moderator: Intendants

device registered?

Postby alemilan18 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:06 pm

Hi all,
I'm trying to create a new account to get a disciple but when I try to put my name and click redeem appears this ad
Someone knows what is it?
Offlinealemilan18
Apprentice
Apprentice

Player Name: alemilan18

Re: device registered?

Postby crisrullz » Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:07 pm

you can only make 1 discile per device that's why after the first one your device is registered and you see this message
Main IGN : Crisrullz
Alts IGN : Garpjiji+ Maverickvzla

" les dungeons, c'est des belles merdes ! "
Offlinecrisrullz
Battle Summoner
Battle Summoner
Hellfire Club
No Luck Brotherhood

Player Name: crisrullz

Postby -c00li- » Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:09 pm

they are checking the EMEI of the device
Bluestacks doesn't also work any longer
They fixed that :)
Offline-c00li-
Apprentice
Apprentice

Player Name: -c00li-

Postby alemilan18 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:13 pm

Ok thanks!
Offlinealemilan18
Apprentice
Apprentice

Player Name: alemilan18

Postby Torn » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:10 pm

Well, this is a lame rant, as I don't know that much about android devices, so take it with a grain of salt, but:
-c00li- wrote:they are checking the EMEI of the device

Do You mean IMEI?
Anyhow, I don't think they would do that, simply because not all android devices have GSM module - there are many tablets for example, that don't have it, as far as I know. They could go with bluetooth ID, but that have exact same problem - not every device is equipped with bluetooth... Taking into account communication layer change from old ppp/serial-layer into PHY-/ethernet-like layer that came with LTE devices, I think they could've gone with MAC address as all "connectable-to-internet" devices will have either wifi/ethernet or LTE gsm module with MAC address(well, at least I think those new GSM modules all have MAC - I actually haven't played with GSM modules since Siemens stopped producing them, and that was when EDGE was new and UMTS/3g was still "over-the-horizon" kind of future, so... Long time ago ;) ), but the thing is, I'm pretty sure that You can change MAC address on a rooted device, so... ;)
But honestly, I think they really went with that:
Settings.Secure wrote:
public static final String ANDROID_ID
Added in API level 3

A 64-bit number (as a hex string) that is randomly generated when the user first sets up the device and should remain constant for the lifetime of the user's device. The value may change if a factory reset is performed on the device.

Note: When a device has multiple users (available on certain devices running Android 4.2 or higher), each user appears as a completely separate device, so the ANDROID_ID value is unique to each user.

Constant Value: "android_id"

But that 1)changes on device reset to factory state(AFAIK) 2)Can be changed on rooted device so... ;)
Anyhow someone should check that - it could make obtaining those invite URs somehow easier ;) - but that definitely will not be me - contractual obligations to my cell phone provider make it so, that I don't even have my phone rooted...
chat wrote:Torn: that's 400*500 = 200 000 moba for Devourer... Think I will pass :P
Creation: Are you a serious player or what Torn? Buck up buddy! What's it gonna be? A house? Or a Devourer?
OfflineTorn
Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes Player
Hellfire Club
Webmaster
Intendant
HellMarys Player

Player Name: *Torn*

Postby crisrullz » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:12 pm

factory reset is not working. and also i tried the different user profiles but didn't work either. (maybe i did sth wrong on that tho don't know..)
Main IGN : Crisrullz
Alts IGN : Garpjiji+ Maverickvzla

" les dungeons, c'est des belles merdes ! "
Offlinecrisrullz
Battle Summoner
Battle Summoner
Hellfire Club
No Luck Brotherhood

Player Name: crisrullz

Postby Torn » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:31 pm

Interesting - that would point back to MAC, I think... Maybe if I find a little time, I'll borrow tablet from my brother and see if I can figure it out... I mean, they have to check against *something*, and really, with a bit of Linux background there's not many things You can't change on rooted Android device - or at least that was my experience so far. ;)
chat wrote:Torn: that's 400*500 = 200 000 moba for Devourer... Think I will pass :P
Creation: Are you a serious player or what Torn? Buck up buddy! What's it gonna be? A house? Or a Devourer?
OfflineTorn
Hellfire Club
Webmaster
Intendant
HellMarys Player

Player Name: *Torn*

Postby merak » Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:02 pm

From an under the covers stand point there is a unique android identifier (UUID) that is generated when the device is first turned on. It can also be changed (but not guaranteed to be changed) if you do a hard reset on the device.

-c00li- wrote:they are checking the EMEI of the device
Bluestacks doesn't also work any longer
They fixed that :)

You mean IMEI, but they actually aren't checking that and you can still do this with Bluestacks/root but it's not appropriate to discuss how to do it here.
Offlinemerak
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Hellfire Club
Webmaster

Player Name: