.::-[•  Hell Marys Fan WebSite  •]-::.

NineSages Community

The Only and Largest Online Forum for Many Games

Simple question about scouts

Have a technical question or a problem? Discuss it here.

Moderator: Intendants

Simple question about scouts

Postby MrMarcellus » Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:23 am

Hello all!

Before I even ask my question, I assume that someone is going to blast me for not finding the answer myself thru searching this forum, or not just already knowing the answer. But this is just one of those basics of the game that the makers failed to explain at all for new players. I LOVE THIS GAME!!! But we really do have to rely on established players who were kind enough to provide the answers to previously foreseen questions. And there are simply some answers that are not easily found anywhere. So please forgive me!

OK... My question. Can someone please explain exactly what the Scout of a Raid Boss means? How do I make myself the Scout of a boss?

I'm asking because I want to really improve my Raid Event rewards. The last Raid (2nd Zodiac War) was my 1st real attempt at doing well, and I think I want to try and get some gold coins next Raid. I am not quite strong enough yet to vie for any MVP's (see, I do know SOME terminology ;) ). I only have Evo 3/Level 50 Rares, even though 3 of them are Pisces rewinders from last Raid, and great healers (Grandmother Turtle, Slayer Senn, Fulvurios). But I don't feel that is enough, want to be stronger, so I don't mind biding my sweet time until I am 100% ready for MVP attempts.

But if I can figure out the Scout system, maybe I can get some golds that way. I appreciate any help!

PS... There are LOTS of great guides and lots of info on different aspects of the game. But it would be awesome if someone would write a guide on all of the BASIC basics and terminology and mechanics of this kick-ass game. It would cut down on silly noob posts such as this one!

Thanks everyone!
MARCELLUS AKA MARCZILLA
OfflineMrMarcellus
Menestrel
Menestrel
Hellfire Club
Donator

Player Name: MrMarcellus

Re: Simple question about scouts

Postby pureheartbear » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:01 am

Any boss that you summon, that shows up in your que, you are the scout of... Depending on your Event Points will determine the level of bosses you summon. So if you are only summoning lower bosses your EP isn't high enough. A good way to judge this is by shared bosses, look to see what the scouts EP is...

Gold bosses don't come out til Thursday Evening and LBs on Friday around 3pm EST....

As a newbie Raids are a great way to get better rare cards. When lvl 100's are introduced you will want to tag as many as you can. The more silver you get the chances are better of getting decent rares. You have to have a decent deck to be able to compete for MVP and as a newbie your deck isn't strong enough.

Occasionally they will introduce a high atk elite rare over 16k atk, these are a great way to get decent cards... plus because they are elites you will level them up much faster as they level up at 3x...

In the event thread of the forum there are various topics on tips for both Raids and Dungeons. Also the fansite has a lot of information:
http://hellfire.ninesages.org/?page=en_tips&lang=en
Check out my Newsletter Blog:
http://hellfirenewsletter.wordpress.com/
Offlinepureheartbear
Menestrel
Menestrel
Hellfire Club

Player Name: pureheartbear

Postby MrMarcellus » Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:40 am

Thank you pureheart!

So if I understand you correctly, any boss that shows up in my queue that is NOT a call for help from another player is a boss I can attack and become the scout of? So a boss that has not been attacked, I attack it before anyone else, and I am straight away the scout of that boss?

Sorry for sounding so ignorant! Just wanna make sure I 100% grasp this fundamental and VERY important aspect of this game! I see a boss in my queue that is not a call for help, I attack it 1st and become the scout???

Thank you for indulging me kind sir or ma'am. And thank you for the honesty about my deck. I do understand that I have work to do before I am ready to challenge for MVPs. Patience is a virtue I plan to exercise in hopes of great future rewards. And I will enjoy myself all the while!

Thank you again very much!!!
MARCELLUS AKA MARCZILLA
OfflineMrMarcellus
Menestrel
Menestrel
Hellfire Club
Donator

Postby sarikusu » Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:49 pm

Hi Marcel,

When you discover a boss and attack it, you are the scout. So if you need scout bonuses, you should play missions.

Most of us are using the scout bonuses to store free Battle Energies. If this doesn't seem familiar to you, I recommend reading viewtopic.php?f=24&t=422

cheers

MrMarcellus wrote:Thank you pureheart!

So if I understand you correctly, any boss that shows up in my queue that is NOT a call for help from another player is a boss I can attack and become the scout of? So a boss that has not been attacked, I attack it before anyone else, and I am straight away the scout of that boss?

Sorry for sounding so ignorant! Just wanna make sure I 100% grasp this fundamental and VERY important aspect of this game! I see a boss in my queue that is not a call for help, I attack it 1st and become the scout???

Thank you for indulging me kind sir or ma'am. And thank you for the honesty about my deck. I do understand that I have work to do before I am ready to challenge for MVPs. Patience is a virtue I plan to exercise in hopes of great future rewards. And I will enjoy myself all the while!

Thank you again very much!!!
Offlinesarikusu
Menestrel
Menestrel
Hellfire Club
Webmaster
Donator

Player Name: sarikusu

Postby chophack » Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:26 pm

You draw out bosses as scout from farming regular mission worlds. I farm elberdawn a lot, move from place to place and world to world (ie tahal) as the mood strikes me.

The bosses show up after usually 1 or2 missions. That boss u spawned is yours as scout... You cannot be scout of others spawned bosses.

Hope this helps and good luck!

Vr/chophack
Offlinechophack
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Hellfire Club

Location: 93 million miles from Sun, Perseus arm, milky way galaxy
Player Name: chophack

Postby MrMarcellus » Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:36 pm

Thank you SO MUCH sarikusu and chophack! Your posts thoroughly answered my question. Pureheart did help also, but I was fuzzy on whether or not I needed to find the bosses in regular missions. Now I know 100% what to do.

Thanks again! Good luck in the next Raid!
MARCELLUS AKA MARCZILLA
OfflineMrMarcellus
Menestrel
Menestrel
Hellfire Club
Donator