.::-[•  Hell Marys Fan WebSite  •]-::.

NineSages Community

The Only and Largest Online Forum for Many Games

Is it because I'm new that...

Have a technical question or a problem? Discuss it here.

Moderator: Intendants

Is it because I'm new that...

Postby Seyal » Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:34 pm

...I'm enjoying the Raid Boss event less as it progresses?

Can't ever seem to do a lot of damage - the timer just seems way too fast (even with BE usage, I can survive the boss, but the timer runs out, making me lose anyway), and now I can't do damage very well so I'll never get MVP which means I'm stuck with these Bronze medals - let alone not able to get many points. Only positive about the Bronzes is I have multiple Tiny Tim's, but still - not much damage being done.

The BE system just seems...blah? I get, at most, 3 chances to fight/help before I have to either sit out or use up potions? Ugh.

Is this just the function of having what's probably a crappy deck since I just started near the end of the last event?
OfflineSeyal
Trainee
Trainee

Player Name: Seyal

Re: Is it because I'm new that...

Postby lili_marlene » Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:38 pm

Seyal wrote:...I'm enjoying the Raid Boss event less as it progresses?

Can't ever seem to do a lot of damage - the timer just seems way too fast (even with BE usage, I can survive the boss, but the timer runs out, making me lose anyway), and now I can't do damage very well so I'll never get MVP which means I'm stuck with these Bronze medals - let alone not able to get many points. Only positive about the Bronzes is I have multiple Tiny Tim's, but still - not much damage being done.

The BE system just seems...blah? I get, at most, 3 chances to fight/help before I have to either sit out or use up potions? Ugh.

Is this just the function of having what's probably a crappy deck since I just started near the end of the last event?

Please, don't be so negative about all this. Have in mind that all of us had crappy decks at the beginning and most of us 'enjoyed' in bronze medals after our first Raid Bosses event.
If I was a new player, I wouldn't put my whole self in 3-4 Raid Bosses events in a row, I'd bank as much 'bees' as possible, I wouldn't assist in killing bosses, I would just collect, collect, collect and start to throw 1 BE per 1 Legendary Boss lvl100 when they're unleashed. I would then have all 'bees' from Event Points rewards, many many Reinforce Spirits, some Elites (if lucky - attackers) and some Magic Jewels. That, some plan like leaving good atk cards (rewinders, healers and stoppers for the beginning) + little dose of patience would prepare me for the next Raid Bosses event and in the meantime I would grab some Reinforce Spirits, energy pots etc. during Dungeons. Don't forget that killing Legendary Bosses gives you ONLY silver medals so you'll be able to get some, I believe, good cards you will use for your deck. If you get two Varricks (for example), evolve them and pump the creature up with all the green cards from (believe me, useful) bronze medals. You will have a chance to evolve your Varick in 2+1+1 way in the future, which is great, and you'll get your third or maybe even third and fourth one during next Raid Bosses. If you get 3 of them in one event - that's even better, because fully reinforced Varrick stage 3 is not a joke at all. And one by one, make selection and you'll get your 'not that crappy' deck one day. You'll be MVP one day, just be patient, follow the advices of our experienced forum friends and trust me - you will enjoy in this game :)

Don't give up and will be fine.

greetings
IGN: LaReineMargot :)
Offlinelili_marlene
Menestrel
Menestrel

Player Name: LaReineMargot

Postby Seyal » Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:14 pm

Thanks for the detailed response. :)

Believe me, I want to enjoy this game. I like how there's a touch of skill involved and it's more about team construction than luck in battle (since the skills seem to activate frequently) I actually enjoyed the last event a lot - even managed to complete the Novice Dungeon and capture some Spirits and one The Pawns. I remembered reading here about the delay turn type skills, so I managed to get some (and do have one of those Variks) and had been using them. Was just discouraging that they are useless now. Same for the healers I got, too. Just felt like "ha ha, now all ur cardz are useless, noob!"

When do the Legendary bosses come out? Are we notified or will we just start scouting them as we do missions?
OfflineSeyal
Trainee
Trainee

Player Name: Seyal

Postby chophack » Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:48 pm

Seyal -

Direct answer is the lengendary bosses come out friday afternoon (usa est).

As lili said, we've all been where you are. In fact the first time I played. I noticed this dungeon thing. Tried novice and couldn't get to floor 2!

Reccommend you find and build rewinders (varik, vodiani, vogan bonefeather..etc). Great nucleous to start with as you move along.

Stick with it, join us in chat and study and you will soon have more powerful deck than u can believe.
Vr/chophack

If u need something and u see me in chat pls just ask. :)
Offlinechophack
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Hellfire Club

Location: 93 million miles from Sun, Perseus arm, milky way galaxy
Player Name: chophack

Postby llax » Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:36 pm

Seyal wrote:...I'm enjoying the Raid Boss event less as it progresses?

Man, i know what u feel.
In the beginning iraid is the best way to reinforce your deck. Get as much as medals u can, so u use the lower cards to reinforce your strong ones.

Search on forum about about raid. There are wonderful tips.
Take a look in raid newsletters too. They always have very usefull tips.

Regards

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Offlinellax
Trainee
Trainee
Hellfire Club
Donator

Player Name: fcandido