.::-[•  Hell Marys Fan WebSite  •]-::.

NineSages Community

The Only and Largest Online Forum for Many Games

Questions (Beginner)

Have a technical question or a problem? Discuss it here.

Moderator: Intendants

Questions (Beginner)

Postby d.netherwind » Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:53 pm

Hi there,

I started HellFire few weeks ago and there are some things I don't understand, maybe you can help me?
1. I finished the current Dungeon on Master difficulty without problems.
Than I played the Expert (j4f) and retreated some floors on master difficulty.
Now I have real problems to finish the master difficulty once more - It's like the enemies are now stronger.
I changed nothing on my deck and had just some rank-ups. Can you explain me why I have such troubles now?

2. I know that you can buy mobocoins and get access to "premium content" - is it necessary to do that to get a top ranking in the LB?
It seems to be the main target to improve your deck and than go for a good Leaderboard rank to get better cards and so on... or is there another goal?

I hope you can help me to get a better understanding of this game :)
Offlined.netherwind
Trainee
Trainee

Player Name: dummyuser001

Re: Questions (Beginner)

Postby Nippleoneous » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:02 pm

It's probably handicap, check http://hellfire.ninesages.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1415.

I tried to explain it very simply as he's not a native English speaker.

Sent from my SGN 10.1 using Tapatalk 4
OfflineNippleoneous
Menestrel
Menestrel
Hellfire Club

Player Name: Nippleoneous

Postby gdogn1ght » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:29 pm

Hi d.nether,

your first question is definitely one of handicap, and Nipp's explanation above is a great one.

your second question is more nuanced, i suppose.

>>>It seems to be the main target to improve your deck and than go for a good Leaderboard rank to get better cards and so on... or is there another goal?

Yes this is pretty much the main goal, but you don't necessarily have to spend to achieve it. Many players have very strong decks without paying for tiers or special summons, but it does take time and skill. For Raids, it's best to spend a few events collecting BE so that when you want to compete for rank you aren't hamstrung by not being able to attack the boss. Its possible to farm hundreds of BE during an event by making use of the fact that you get 1 BE for scouting a boss, and 1 BE for finishing a boss. So if you can kill a boss with 1 of your free BE (regenerated every 15 minutes). or 2 BE, you are storing BE in your bank for the next time!

To do this you will need a good combination of rewinders and elites.
Advancing your deck is fun (and time consuming) - and you are right, the best way to do it is by ranking in events.

Many of us spend a bit here and there to enable our decks to progress faster, or to acquire a specific card or rank we would like to achieve. Tiers are often frustrating and expensive, so it's a risky gamble, although you can be well rewarded if you are lucky.

In any case, there is so much information in the forum on these subjects that i don't want to rehash what's been said by others better. Check out general raid tips and dungeon tips in the Events sub-section to start.

Good luck, and come find us in the chatroom sometime.
gdog
Offlinegdogn1ght
Apprentice
Apprentice
Hellfire Club
Donator

Player Name: gdogn1ght

Postby d.netherwind » Tue Dec 24, 2013 7:01 pm

Thanks for your fast and detailed replys Nippleoneous and gdogn1ght!

I'm sure I'll have further questions, but I'll search for them first on the forum :)

Merry Christmas to all of you!
Offlined.netherwind
Trainee
Trainee

Postby d.netherwind » Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:36 pm

I've searched in the forum but couldn't find answers of the following questions (maybe I watched for the wrong terms):

1. Whats the benefit of envollving a lvl 60 card zo lvl 61?
2. "Shift enemy to..." cards are not that gold AS rewinder and can be used for envolving Vetter cards?
3. the common "single player levels"
4. Does the "crature compedium" brings any benefit or is it just for statistic?
5. Events - when I couldn't geht 4 of one card, is there a Chance to geht the 4th another time Or can I only use it to envolve other cards?
6. Handicap: I've startend and finished in master difficulty. Than I Starter and finished the middle diff and than the lowest diff. After that I retreated in the master floor and Bad no Chance to finish one of these levels. I dont in der stand why, because I thought the handicap would not raise in already finished levels? I lost many games, but couldnt loser my handicap. What die I wrong?
7. Is there a benefit Ehen finishing the low/mir diff? E.g. rewards after the event?

I hope someone of you can answer one or two of these questions :) Thanks
Offlined.netherwind
Trainee
Trainee

Postby chophack » Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:43 am

d.netherwind wrote:I've searched in the forum but couldn't find answers of the following questions (maybe I watched for the wrong terms):

1. Whats the benefit of envollving a lvl 60 card zo lvl 61?
2. "Shift enemy to..." cards are not that gold AS rewinder and can be used for envolving Vetter cards?
3. the common "single player levels"
4. Does the "crature compedium" brings any benefit or is it just for statistic?
5. Events - when I couldn't geht 4 of one card, is there a Chance to geht the 4th another time Or can I only use it to envolve other cards?
6. Handicap: I've startend and finished in master difficulty. Than I Starter and finished the middle diff and than the lowest diff. After that I retreated in the master floor and Bad no Chance to finish one of these levels. I dont in der stand why, because I thought the handicap would not raise in already finished levels? I lost many games, but couldnt loser my handicap. What die I wrong?
7. Is there a benefit Ehen finishing the low/mir diff? E.g. rewards after the event?

D nether...

1) going from lvl 60 to 61 is anywhere from 100-200 point of attack value for a rare/super rare card.

2) shifters aren't very popular. May be of use in future. Ivr kept some, fed most to other cards

4) creature compendium and calculator help inform player when a choice must be made

Vr/chop

Sorry I'm curt. In the middle of something. Wanted to help u tho.
Offlinechophack
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Hellfire Club

Location: 93 million miles from Sun, Perseus arm, milky way galaxy
Player Name: chophack

Postby Nippleoneous » Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:37 am

d.netherwind wrote:I've searched in the forum but couldn't find answers of the following questions (maybe I watched for the wrong terms):

To lower your handicap you must lose multiple times doing a mission that you have not previously defeated. So if you've completed all 3 dungeons it will be impossible to lower your HC, you must lower your handicap before you kill the final undefeated boss. Then return to farming master dungeon.

Sent from my SGN 10.1 using Tapatalk 4
OfflineNippleoneous
Menestrel
Menestrel
Hellfire Club

Player Name: Nippleoneous

Postby d.netherwind » Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:35 pm

Thanks for all your help! :)
Offlined.netherwind
Trainee
Trainee