.::-[•  Hell Marys Fan WebSite  •]-::.

NineSages Community

The Only and Largest Online Forum for Many Games

/!\ /!\ /!\ /!\ The Future of Hellfire and our community ?

Come here to chat about our community.

Moderator: Intendants

/!\ /!\ /!\ /!\ The Future of Hellfire and our community ?

Postby Corwin9s » Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:17 am

Hello fellow members of our community.

As many may have noticed, Nintendo's Mobile Partner DeNA Has Decided to Dissolve US Subsidiary DeNA Global.

You may found more details here : http://toucharcade.com/2016/10/18/dena-dissolve-us-offices/.

We're looking forward on what will happen to our beloved game Hellfire. As soon as we have news, we will post them here, letting you know what we know.

If for some reason this doesn't mean Hellfire is dead, I definitely hope to see some details from our friends from DeNA. But maybe that's just wishful thinking.

Meanwhile, we have to think about our community :
- if HF is dead, really dead, will we still be alive ?
- will we follow another game, as community ? or many games ?

I do not intend to shutdown the website or the forum, because we can still be present, for any other kind of games. Ninesages.org will survive, as it does from years (and, yes, even after a whole erase from hackers).

Everything is possible, even have many other subdomain names (usefull for websites) and still keeping this forum, our community alive. What is my goal.

So, what do you think, suggest, hope,.... ?

:?: :?: :?:
OfflineCorwin9s
Great Summoner
Great Summoner
Hellfire Club
Webmaster
Donator
No Luck Brotherhood
HellMarys Player
Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes Player
Battlestar Galactica Player

Player Name: Corwin9s

Re: The Future of Hellfire and our community ?

Postby EmDeeNZ » Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:25 am

No matter what - this community wont die - you started something good here corwin and i am proud to have been a part of this community - friendships i have made here mean a lot and some i will have for life - thanks for the opportunity to help out here where i could and i dont plan on going anywhere either . We will find other games should HF not be picked up by someone else, so long live ninesages :)
We can cover a huge variety of games now - one stop chat for gaming heh 9s has a new lease of life The 9s gaming den muhahahaaaa.
Bring it!!

Edit: Hey guys spare a thought for the DeNa crew going into Christmas with the possibility of losing their jobs - play nice if u need the support team they are doing their best :)
The way we speak to our children (and others) becomes their "inner voice" so choose your words wisely.
OfflineEmDeeNZ
Administrator
Administrator
Hellfire Club
Donator
EmDeeNZPowaaaaaaa
Legend Game of Heroes Player

Player Name:

Re: /!\ /!\ /!\ /!\ The Future of Hellfire and our community

Postby wingangel011825 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:28 am

:haku9: There are plenty of game similar to HF If you search through the internet. But there is just a few that could make a large archive like HF and worthy to be archived with many hot fans support. (PC game: TES series, SIMs. Mobile game: Rage of Bahamut)

HF is supposed one of the long-lived game. To bad the game just could not come out with creative ideas. And Yes, We will find another alternative game for sure.
Offlinewingangel011825
Trainee
Trainee

Player Name: wingangel011825

Postby RashkaeTheBlack » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:29 am

A lot of BB2 players abandoned DeNA entirely and we moved to Soul Hunters. A very different style of game but so much less stressful.

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk
OfflineRashkaeTheBlack
Hellfire Club
Hellfire Club
Donator
No Luck Brotherhood

Player Name: RashkaeTheBlack

Postby D-evolution » Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:54 pm

OfflineD-evolution
Apprentice
Apprentice

Player Name: D-evolution

Postby Taroth » Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:04 pm

OfflineTaroth
Trainee
Trainee

Player Name: Taroth

Re: The Future of Hellfire and our community ?

Postby IchabodCrane8 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:31 pm

EmDeeNZ wrote:Edit: Hey guys spare a thought for the DeNa crew going into Christmas with the possibility of losing their jobs - play nice if u need the support team they are doing their best :)

I think the lack of communication and respect to the players is really annoying. But I'm not surprised, DeNA did the same with Defender of Texel. There were no more events in the January of 2015 then after five month of silence they put a message on their Facebook wall that they would shut down the game.
OfflineIchabodCrane8
Trainee
Trainee

Player Name: IchabodCrane8

Postby merak » Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:32 pm

Taroth wrote:I found a game almost like Hellfire. Hell Marys. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hitpointstudios.hellmarys

This was out awhile ago originally by Mobage and then was sold off and disappeared from the app stores for awhile. Looks like it's back under a new company. The engine underneath is the exact same engine as hellfire but circa 2 years ago. I had a JSON conversion app for this for awhile but no one was using it.
Offlinemerak
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Hellfire Club
Webmaster

Player Name:  

Paradise Lost - We bid adieu to HF

Postby fiestacaserole » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:48 pm

Hf is in it's death throes. We lament our lost booty.

Cheers,
Fiesta

Offlinefiestacaserole
Summoner
Summoner
Hellfire Club
Donator

Player Name: fiestacaserole

Re: Paradise Lost - We bid adieu to HF

Postby khandog63 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:26 pm

ImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Offlinekhandog63
Intendant
Intendant
Hellfire Club
Donator

Player Name: khandog63

Postby Ninner75 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:37 am

merak wrote:
Taroth wrote:I found a game almost like Hellfire. Hell Marys. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hitpointstudios.hellmarys

This was out awhile ago originally by Mobage and then was sold off and disappeared from the app stores for awhile. Looks like it's back under a new company. The engine underneath is the exact same engine as hellfire but circa 2 years ago. I had a JSON conversion app for this for awhile but no one was using it.

Sounds like there might be interest.
OfflineNinner75
HellMarys Player
HellMarys Player
Hellfire Club
Donator

Player Name: Ninner75

Re: Paradise Lost - We bid adieu to HF

Postby Blunderbuss7 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:49 am

Here is what I got from DeNA. Deckstorm might be saved. I know some don't like it, but it grows on you. And they introduced Guild wars, so it's getting better. For some reason can't upload screenshot, but this is what I got. :corwin5:

Have and can make some room Ninesages Wolfpack Guild. ;)

MVP
4:52 PM (5 hours ago)

to bcc: me
Hi MVPs,

As some of you may have heard, on October 18th DeNA announced that it is shutting down its Western business by the end of 2016. Unfortunately, this means that we will not be able to continue operating Hellfire, and servers will eventually be shut off.

Effective immediately, No new content or features will be added to the game from this point forward. We simply do not have the resources to do it unfortunately. However, we would like to deliver the best experience possible for the remaining time. Therefore, We're also trying to work on a migration package for other remaining games so keep an eye out for these more information coming soon.

However, we would like your remaining time to be as enjoyable as possible. We're also trying to work on a migration package for other remaining games, so keep an eye out for these more information coming soon.

There will be an in-game announcement soon with a detailed schedule but we did want to reach out to our MVPs to share this update sooner.

It's been an honor to be able to bring you joy and entertainment for as long as we have.

Thank you for your support up until now, and we hope that we've been able to enhance your gaming experience.

Thank you,
DeNA MVP Program Manager
OfflineBlunderbuss7
Donator
Donator
Hellfire Club

Player Name: Blunderbuss7

Postby vips77 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:00 am

merak wrote:

Tried playing it. However, its too far behind hellfire - rare cards dont have abilities and no weekly events like raid - there is only a vs event. Gonna get boring very quickly dont you think>?
Offlinevips77
Trainee
Trainee

Player Name: vips77

Re: /!\ /!\ /!\ /!\ The Future of Hellfire and our communit

Postby DeltaEcoBravo » Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:33 pm

fiestacaserole wrote:Hf is in it's death throes. We lament our lost booty.

Cheers,
Fiesta

If we’re going to lament all the resources saved that we never got to use, I’ve been saving for a Top 10 run in a dungeon for years. I wasn’t a SBW or NWP member, so I knew I needed to do it on my own and would need hundreds of MS and plenty of EN pots (and enough FS that the incredibly low cap rate wouldn't matter anyway), but I never got around to actually do it, because it was also so time consuming, I never found the time. And now that I actually have the resources to do it, I’ll never get the chance:
What's not shown there: 13,143 SKs collected this year since the whole SKs started.
Also, I wanted to get to 1K slots, but on the other hand, I think I have enough decks ;). What can I say? I’m a hoarder!
Last edited by DeltaEcoBravo on Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OfflineDeltaEcoBravo
Intendant
Intendant
No Luck Brotherhood
HellMarys Player

Player Name: DeltaEcoBravo

Postby fiestacaserole » Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:09 pm

DeltaEcoBravo wrote:
fiestacaserole wrote:Hf is in it's death throes. We lament our lost booty.

Cheers,
Fiesta

If we’re going to lament all the resources saved that we never got to use, I’ve been saving for a Top 10 run in a dungeon for years. I wasn’t a SBW or NWP member, so I knew I needed to do it on my own and would need hundreds of MS and plenty of EN pots (and enough FS that the incredibly low cap rate wouldn't matter anyway), but I never got around to actually do it, because it was also so time consuming, I never found the time. And now that I actually have the resources to do it, I’ll never get the chance:
Also, I wanted to get to 1K slots, but on the other hand, I think I have enough decks ;). What can I say? I’m a hoarder!

Enough for at least 3 t10 runs. Your friends would have helped you ;)
Offlinefiestacaserole
Summoner
Summoner
Hellfire Club
Donator

Player Name: fiestacaserole

Postby DeltaEcoBravo » Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:55 pm

fiestacaserole wrote:Enough for at least 3 t10 runs. Your friends would have helped you ;)

My friends were busy most weeks supporting two focals, and I could never ask them to divert points from them to someone who’s not even an official NWP member. Keep in mind that a little over 60 of my ally list slots are filled with 9S members, and most of the rest are long term allies; many of them have been with me for over three years now and, even if they’re not so active anymore, I couldn’t bring myself to drop them (we miss you, Lolli! :haku1: ). I was looking for a week where we only had one focal and I had enough time, so I could partner with the focal and ride all the way to the top, but the two things never happened in the same week. Given the unpredictable nature of my schedule, I could never commit to a top 10 run at the beginning of the week, I could only know if I’d have enough time for that around Friday night (which is why I never officially joined NWP, since I simply couldn't know and commit in advance).
I could never ask my friends to send me points for a top 10 run only to have to scrap those plans mid-week. I’d feel horrible :oops: :roll: for all the points said friends would have wasted on me, when there are always another dozen 9S members trying to rank.
So I always waited for the week where the stars finally aligned for a dungeon T10 run and saved as much as I could for that, knowing that, at least until I could officially declare my intentions when my schedule cleared for the rest of the event, I’d have to do all the work myself for the first few days. Like I usually say: Oh, well...
OfflineDeltaEcoBravo
Intendant
Intendant
No Luck Brotherhood
HellMarys Player

Player Name: DeltaEcoBravo

Postby Facelless » Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:41 pm

So, guys, since the game is probably on it's last days, I would really like to save it's memories. Is there any where I can download the arts of the game, a link or so? It would be very time taking to donwload picture by picture from the site. :P
OfflineFacelless
Trainee
Trainee

Player Name: Facelless

Postby mario.hitpoint » Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:49 pm

Hey guys,

I work at the studio behind Hell Marys, a game similar to Hellfire.

I made a post http://hellfire.ninesages.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=3017 asking what was your favorite thing about Hellfire and what are things you'd like to see in Hell Marys.

We'd love to hear from everyone so we can make our game better and design it to be exactly what you guys are looking for.

If you haven't played before here are the links to download the game:

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hitpointstudios.hellmarys&hl=en

iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/hell-marys/id964958430?mt=8

Thanks everyone,
Mario
Offlinemario.hitpoint
Game Official
Game Official
HellMarys Player

Player Name: Mario

Postby Merekh » Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:28 pm

r.i.p. hellfire.good memories about this game ill leave as memories)))enough with playing......

Facelless wrote:...I would really like to save it's memories...

yeah.thinking of saving favorite card pics too.

mario.hitpoint wrote:... asking what was your favorite thing about Hellfire and what are things you'd like to see in Hell Marys.
Mario

i was impressed by card arts. dont know of yours project, but hellfires were speccial for me in the year 2014...in 2016 they often sucked\
also, pve gaming without pvp component.
OfflineMerekh
Trainee
Trainee

Player Name: Merekh

Postby soto3558 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:21 pm

Hey guys, we should either switch to Deckstorm or Bloodbrothers

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk
Offlinesoto3558
Apprentice
Apprentice