.::-[•  Hell Marys Fan WebSite  •]-::.

NineSages Community

The Only and Largest Online Forum for Many Games

Lord of the Dragons (and Eternal Uprising)

Share here the applications or the games you like, on mobiles or not... and also websites.

Moderator: Intendants

Lord of the Dragons (and Eternal Uprising)

Postby CubedCodeMonkey » Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:01 pm

A while back, I posted about a game called Chains of Durandal. This was a card-collecting game that had a fantastic community base. Unfortunately, it was discontinued with extremely poor communication from Mobage.

Luckily, another game in the same style with the same sense of community came up, and it became the other big mobile game for me. This game is Lord of the Dragons, by KLabGames.

The concept revolves around collecting Warriors and building up your offense and defense through reinforcing the warriors. All of the mechanics take place behind the scenes, so the game ultimately comes down to obtaining the warriors and obtaining the cards to reinforce them, and there is arguably no way to screw yourself up and waste reinforcing materials.

The simplicity isn't why I like it, though. First of all, the game is a social game - you compete in events as a guild. Secondly, while there are paying options, you can also play the game 100% free and still do extremely well. Finally, the time commitment is variable - you can put as much or as little time in as you want, and still do well with a lower time investment. Granted, the more you play, the better the chance of higher rewards as expected, but even with that, as someone with a limited and variable playing schedule, I'm still keeping up quite competitively.

A game of identical concept called Eternal Uprising has recently been released. This game is created by Kabam, which from what I can tell is either a partner or division of KLabGames - the basic concept is the exact same, but there are some notable feature differences, as well as artwork differences. I've recently started playing that one as well, due to the similar lack of time commitment.

If you'd like to check them out or find me in either of them, below are my IDs for each.

LotD: 368-602-859
EU: 417-039-633

If you have any questions or comments about either of these, feel free to ask or post here! I didn't into much detail on the mechanics, but they both appear to be fairly heavily maintained and the support teams are great at getting out notices. There is also a fairly high level of transparency in the games, which is quite nice.
OfflineCubedCodeMonkey
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Hellfire Club

Player Name: CubedCodeMonkey

Re: Lord of the Dragons (and Eternal Uprising)

Postby CubedCodeMonkey » Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:08 pm

I forgot links! Both of these are available on the Android and iOS app stores, but I'll link the android versions below if you want to check them (and the comments) out.

LotD: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ab.lods.en
EU: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... al.android

Their official pages are also below:

LotD: http://www.playlods.com/
EU: http://www.eternaluprising.com/
OfflineCubedCodeMonkey
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Hellfire Club

Postby Gurubabzen » Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:21 am

Kabam used to make some really good FB games.. like Kingdoms of camelot and edgeworld.. 2 major games i loved.. EU is sure a game i will check out, once i get a new phone, since my current is broken.
OfflineGurubabzen
Webmaster
Webmaster
Hellfire Club

Player Name: Gurubabzen

Postby remington82 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:10 pm

Ha, I just responded to your other thread saying how I am playing Eternal Uprising, and how it is very similar to Lord of the Dragons.

Im gonna try out Lord of the Dragons and see which one I prefer, I think it will come down to artwork mostly. Although, if Lord of the Dragons has a more established community and player base I may switch to that one.

CCM- I sent you a request in Eternal Uprising, and I will most definitely have some questions for you in the future.
Offlineremington82
Menestrel
Menestrel

Player Name: remington82

Postby remington82 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:58 am

Is there a forum for either game? I have tons and tons of questions and instead of asking you like 50 questions, I was wondering if there were any guides I could read. The wiki is good for stats, but there are no strategies that I can find.
Offlineremington82
Menestrel
Menestrel

Player Name: remington82

Postby CubedCodeMonkey » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:51 am

There's no real forum that I've found, unfortunately. There used to be a great spreadsheet of information for LotD, but the guy who created it no longer plays.

That being said, if you're not opposed to installing a different app on your phone (Kakao messenger), it'll make communication much easier via chat rooms. I was hesitant at first, but I found it quite easy to restrict permissions on things and alter/disable notifications, so now it's quite helpful.

Feel free to shoot me a message here or in-game if you want to go that route - otherwise, go ahead and ask away with the questions!

EDIT: If you go that Kakao route, my username on there is CubedCodeMonkey, too.
OfflineCubedCodeMonkey
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Hellfire Club